PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here from Quebec City Canada

Pages : [1] 2

Johny B
06-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Hello the experts,

As stated above I'm a newbie in auto detailing and found that this forum is the best place to receive help from exprerienced members.I just bought a brand
new 2012 Sport Sata Fe and I will surely need your advices as I want to do the work myself. I must say that I went to an auto detailing garage but the result is not so good.I've spent $175.00 for an average job so in the next future I'll try to have a better job done. Please apologize me for my english writting I'm a French Canadian trying to get around with your language.
Thanks and have a nice day.

rider9195
06-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Welcome to Autogeek Online Johny! Personally I think detailing your car yourself is the best. Because you get it done how you like it! What did that detail shop do to your car for $175? For $175 I would hope that someone would be pleased with the results.

Johny B
06-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Hi rider9195,

Thanks for your welcome.To answer your question the guys working at the auto detailing garage I went have applied a paint sealant and a wax.Two guys were working on my car and 2hours later I was back home.A real theft...... plus a poor job.:nomore:

mjlinane
06-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Welcome to AGO!!

dan_s2k
06-25-2012, 07:15 PM
bienvenu, tu vas voir tu vas devenir accro au detailing :-P

octane
06-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Welcome fellow French quebecer

Robert8194
06-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Welcome.

Johny B
06-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Thank you very much guys for your warm welcome.

Meghan
06-26-2012, 02:47 AM
Welcome to AGO!

Mike Phillips
06-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

I must say that I went to an auto detailing garage but the result is not so good.

I've spent $175.00 for an average job so in the next future I'll try to have a better job done.

No one will ever care more about your car than you and this means you will always do a more professional job even when first starting out.

There's an entire crew of stellar forum members here always willing to help others get the results they want so you're in good cyber-hands...

:xyxthumbs:

chuck86
06-26-2012, 06:23 AM
Bienvenue Johnny!

Je suis également de Québec, si tu as besoin de conseils n'hésite pas, il me fera plaisir de te donner un coup de main!

For english people, you can now bet that I am also a French Canadian from Quebec city! ;-)

Have a good day!!!

Chuck!

Envoyé depuis mon HTC Amaze 4G avec Tapatalk

BobbyG
06-26-2012, 06:41 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online Johny! :props:

Spending $175.00 every time on a detail adds up quickly and can buy quite a few quality detailing products. Once you begin to understand the basics behind detailing you'll quickly learn how much enjoyment and satisfaction can be realized...

By the way, your English is great and better than some of the people I encounter daily and they were born here....:laughing:

This link contains articles written by Mike Phillips so spend some time reading.

Articles by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/23722-articles-mike-phillips.html)

Basic steps in order are:

Wash
(http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-car-wash-concentrate.html)
Clay
(http://www.autogeek.net/megovclay.html)
Paint Correction & Polish
Seal
Wax

Make detailing enjoyable and practice. Take your time and do not become overwhelmed. Just because there are a thousand products doesn't mean you have to use them all.

Johny B
06-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Thank you very much BobbyG very interesting articles. To chuck 86:Je suis sur la rive-sud de Québec et je viens de commander du matériel de autogeek comment puis-je te rejoindre.Merci!

Johny B
06-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Thany you very much Mike. I've ordered products from autogeek and anxious to receive your shipment.This will be my first attempt to auto detailing but I just read recently your helpful articles and I'm ready to give it a try.There is a beginning to everything!

chuck86
06-29-2012, 05:15 AM
PM sent to Johny B!