PDA

View Full Version : Carpet

ejflanag
04-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Very curious as to how you get the carpet to finish with the awsome vacum trails. What siz shop vac do you need HP! and why cant i get my carpet to do it LOL!! I must know how this is done i LOVE it and think it makes it look very clean. Please explain the process on how to achieve this look with my carpet. :righton:

01expy
04-01-2007, 10:16 PM
I always put vacuum trails in my Expedition. Thats just the way i vacuum it. It really depends upon the carpet in your car. what kind of car are you trying to do it with? Whats the carpet like

Kelso
04-01-2007, 10:34 PM
its a push/pull thing... push away, move over, pull back towards yourself....quite simple...i personally dont like the look, i prefer an even look

ejflanag
04-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Ohh so you just go up and down keeping the vacum facing the same direction it doesnt need to be wet to achieve that look? also what is the best way to clean your carpet do you need a machine to acheive a good wash or can it be done by hand and brush

nick19
04-01-2007, 10:41 PM
its a push/pull thing... push away, move over, pull back towards yourself....quite simple...i personally dont like the look, i prefer an even look

I usually do as well. Depends on the vehicle really.

I have a 5.5HP 3 gallon contractors shop-vac. Was like $80 at Home Depot. All the HP you need, without the size of a 10 gallon machine. I love it.

nick19
04-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Ohh so you just go up and down keeping the vacum facing the same direction it doesnt need to be wet to achieve that look? also what is the best way to clean your carpet do you need a machine to acheive a good wash or can it be done by hand and brush

You don't even NEED it on either. Just use the "claw" attachment.

I do all my carpet cleaning by hand. But I would like to get some PC attachments.

ejflanag
04-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Ya id say capet treatment is my weakest link in detailing and i feel its time to improve my knowledge and skills.

Tex Star Detail
04-01-2007, 10:54 PM
like this?? (This was on a car I did a long time ago, looks like I did a crappy job on the lines...LOL)
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g187/texstardetail/caddydetail012.jpg
After I am done shampooing the floormats, I use a brush.

If the mats are already clean and dry, I mist them with water, or an odor killer and then use a brush.

ejflanag
04-01-2007, 10:57 PM
You use a brush to what get the carpet to finish like that or to clean it.