PDA

View Full Version : What is a good tire dressing for gravel roads/driveways

TrKent
06-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Hello everyone,

I have been reading around this forum for quite a while. Since early 2011 I have ordered a few thousand dollars worth of product from Autogeek.

This biggest problem for my detailing is living on a 1/4 mile gravel driveway. The parts in front of the house and the garage are paved. My biggest problem is finding a tire dressing that lasts long and does not attract dust. What suggestions do you all have?

What other suggestions do you have in general for keeping dust off of vehicles?

Here's a picture of some of my current detailing setup.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8168/7436071340_b902a08dae_b.jpg

Finemess
06-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Very nice set up you have there. Have you tried one coat of DP?
DP Gloss Tire Gel penetrates deep below the surface to hydrate and refresh dull, dry rubber. (http://www.autogeek.net/dp330.html)

Bill1234
06-24-2012, 07:53 PM
I have used Meguiars NXT or The Endurance gel also by meguiars, I do not know if there is any product that really protects against dust

TrKent
06-24-2012, 08:55 PM
So far Meguiars All Season Dressing seems to work the best. I'll pick up those other two Meg's products to try and include the DP one in my next order to give them a try. Thanks for the suggestions!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AG Online

tguil
06-25-2012, 05:01 PM
I have lived on a gravel road for fifteen years. When I wash/detail, my trucks I don't use any dressing. I just wash them with a good all purpose cleaner and call it good enough.

Gravel roads and gravel drives are not good for people with OCDD (obsessive compulsive detailing disorder). :D

Tom :cool:

davidc
06-25-2012, 06:48 PM
This is what I did for the dirt roads. I have a company service van and it see's a lot of dirt roads servicing well sites and the tires would look awful and need scrubbing and dressing at an alarming rate. I finally applied Perl and the next time and there after I cleaned the van I have been using DG Aqua Wax on the tires and rims. The tires and rims can actually be cleaned off with a dry rag and still look good (no browning). I have been doing this for about 1 1/2 months now and it gets washed every 2 weeks or so depending on how nasty it gets but I wipe the tires down once a week.

Dave