PDA

View Full Version : i got the 7424 w/CCS pads ..help with polish/wax needed

macleoud
04-01-2007, 07:01 PM
I got the7424 kit w/ the CCS pads and no polish or wax in it ...I would like to know what is the best type/stuff/brand to use I want to do my wifes car that has little bit of scraches and will be doing her car before I do My Ram...
what pads should I use and what kind polish then wax would be best? so many to chose from and I am getting confused by it all.......

My truck it is new... only waxed once by hand so no real scraches on it .. what pads should I use and what kind polish then wax would be best?
....should I clay bar first? any info would help this newbe......
Bill

TjMonsen5
04-01-2007, 07:09 PM
i just ordered the same kit as you, the one for $199 right? I ordered a few more things to go with it, i got the XMT 2 and 3 polishes, Klasse All IN One and Klasse Sealant Glaze, and also ordered Pinnacle Liquid Souveran wax. Also got some DP clay and poorboys spray and rinse wheel cleaner, plus a few other things. Start washing the car and then clay it. You will want to polish with the orange pad if you have some scratches or bad swirl marks. Otherwise, you could probably polish with the white pad. You should buy the same things i did, its a good way to start.

nick19
04-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Welcome Bill! :awesome:

Check out the link below.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-university/4984-new-users-pc-7424-users-must-read.html

I have the EDGE pad kit, and love it. IMO the best pad system out there.

There's tons of options for products out there. You might want to look into the XMT line, or Pinnacle, or WG.

There are also lots of reviews of products used here, so just take a look around before making a order.

-Nick :cheers:

Nuke33
04-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Clay if you run your fingers over the paint and it is rough

BlackCoupe
04-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Clay if you run your fingers over the paint and it is rough

Actually, it may have been mentioned here before, but it is EASIER to tell if there are bonded contaminants (requiring clay) if you put you hand in a baggie and run your fingers over the surface through the baggie. Doesn't make sense, but its true.

supercharged
04-02-2007, 02:32 AM
Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, and Collinite 845 are great waxes!

macleoud
04-02-2007, 08:08 AM
thanks for the info guys....TJ I got mine a few weeks ago for 189.
Nick that was one heck of a write up you did ...I feel alot better of going and detailing my Ram now thanks alot
Bill

bambo2888
04-02-2007, 08:26 AM
excuse the typos, im typing this kind of fast...

POLISH
The XMT line is a great polish line with room for a lot of customizing with pads and abrasives.

Glaze
If you want to follow this step up with a sealant, consider the DP and WG Finishing Glazes. These do not contain any carnauba, so the sealant I speak of below will adhere to these two glazes. If you want to skip the selant step, go ahead and use the XMT Glaze that comes with the kit, it's a great product.

Sealant
If you choose this route, which I highly suggest, stick with the WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. General consensus concludes that this is among the best. The ease of application, shine, and durability are this product's highlights.

Wax
Perhaps the most important decision is the pure carnauba wax you choose. Topping out the best, in my opinion, will be Pinnacle Souveran. It is made with 100% pure yellow carnauba and for the $80, you will be able to wax 25 cars, which goes even further when it lasts 6 weeks (even longer if you decided to use a sealant and the below quick detailer) in FL weather.

The next wax to consider is the Pinnacle Signature Series II. Generally recommended for lighter colored cars, this wax has less carnauba (and is half the price) of Souveran, but it contains polymers designed to make the pearl, metal flakes, and metallics really show through, or "pop", as it is referred to.

Other very good waxes, on the cheaper side, are DP's MaxWax, P12s, PoorBoys' Natty's Paste wax (blue), and a few others.

Quick Detailer
This step is what is used after the car was waxed a few days ago, or even the very next day after you drove around or it sat and accumulated dust. This step provides that "just waxxed" look and can NEVER be overused. I suggest Pinnacle's Spray Souveran. It's the best, hands down. I personally use the Spray Souveran, but I also LOVE the Crystal Mist spray. I use this everyday, religiously, before I head off for classes. Both of these make my coat of wax last much longer than it would without the use of a quick detailer.

I hope all of this info helps, let us know if you have anymore questions.

macleoud
04-02-2007, 09:08 AM
bambo I was going to order the the pure carnauba wax Pinnacle Souveran but my paint is the dodge brillant black crystal p/coat has flakes in it should i go with Pinnacle Signature Series II?
edit I'm not to worried about cost just want to get my truck looking the best that I can... I'm going to do my truck this coming weekend. and going to order tonight....
Bill

nick19
04-02-2007, 09:10 AM
bambo I was going to order the the pure carnauba wax Pinnacle Souveran but my paint is the dodge brillant black crystal p/coat has flakes in it should i go with Pinnacle Signature Series II?

Did you say BLACK!?

Heck yes, go with Souveran! :D

bambo2888
04-02-2007, 09:18 AM
edit I'm not to worried about cost just want to get my truck looking the best that I can... I'm going to do my truck this coming weekend. and going to order tonight....
Bill

The Souveran will be your best bet, then. It still has the polymers to get those matal flakes shining, plus the extra carnauba will give you a shine unlike any other, along with the extra protection. Go for the SOUVERAN! :awesome:

macleoud
04-04-2007, 06:53 PM
well i ordered my waxes etc cant wait to try it.. still kinda scared to use the pc but i'm gonna :) ...... this is what i ordered
Pinnacle XMT Light Swirl XMT-9000-CCS 1 79.99
Remover Complete Kit with
CCS pads!
Pinnacle Complete PIN-418 1 139.99
Detailing Wax & Cleaning
Kit
Subtotal 219.98
Free shipping coupon 0.00
Total 219.98