PDA

View Full Version : Canon Rebel XT vs. Geico Gecco

Pages : [1] 2

P1et
04-01-2007, 03:28 PM
I went to let my dog outside this morning after a night of responsible drinking and found my resident gecco having breakfast. I grabbed the Rebel and took a few pics.

Enjoy!

http://www.southernsoot.com/Gecco1.jpg

http://www.southernsoot.com/Gecco2.jpg

ehuth1
04-01-2007, 03:58 PM
is that a XT or XTi ? Those are some amazing clarity pics.

Nuke33
04-01-2007, 04:09 PM
WOW great pics super clear

klumzypinoy
04-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Wow I wonder what that gecko is eating. Great pics :D

sparkie
04-01-2007, 04:56 PM
nice pics! So clear.

Kelso
04-01-2007, 05:02 PM
hrmmm...cockroach? pretty cool pics

Truls
04-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Good pics. Putt the gekko on the hood, he can snap flies when you drive.

bambo2888
04-01-2007, 06:17 PM
that is so cool! nice shots!

P1et
04-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks everyone!

It was taken with the Rebel XT, I was playing around with some manual settings and these two came out good.

And I believe it was a junebug the gecco was eating...

klumzypinoy
04-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Are junebugs those beetles that don't know where the heck they're going and run into everything? :p

supercharged
04-02-2007, 02:17 AM
Geiko, huh? ;) Amazing quality pictures.

Nica
04-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Wow..sweet pictures...how do you take pictures like that? What kind of camara do you have? Amazing pictures thank you for sharing but I'm scratching my head thinking how do you get results like that? Please share.

Jimmie
04-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Nice pictures. He looks like a movie star.
Good focus after a night of responsible drinking.

P1et
04-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Wow..sweet pictures...how do you take pictures like that? What kind of camara do you have? Amazing pictures thank you for sharing but I'm scratching my head thinking how do you get results like that? Please share.

I have a Canon Rebel XT. The pictures are taken on AV priority mode, which really throw some depth-of-field into the scene. As you can see, it had it set way too high and that's why some parts of his face are even out of focus. I'm still very much learning. As soon as you put it on a creative mode, you have so many things you can change that it can get very confusing.

The first picture is uncropped, the second one is very much cropped.

Oh, and this is all with the kit lens.

Nica
04-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I have a Canon Rebel XT. The pictures are taken on AV priority mode, which really throw some depth-of-field into the scene. As you can see, it had it set way too high and that's why some parts of his face are even out of focus. I'm still very much learning. As soon as you put it on a creative mode, you have so many things you can change that it can get very confusing.

The first picture is uncropped, the second one is very much cropped.

Oh, and this is all with the kit lens.

Okay dude, are you speaking English? hahahaha I have no idea what your talking about buddy lol...that's because I know nothing about cameras...I just point and click.

All joking aside, okay I know about AV priority mode but the depth is really nice. But the "creative mode" and setting that's where you lost me..lol...again because I don't know anything about cameras.

Thanks for sharing though, really interesting.