PDA

View Full Version : Happy friday!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

alko
06-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Happy Friday Boys and Girls!!!!

Man...its been a scorcher this week! Up in the upper 90's and lower 100's. I'm sure there are some of you that have had hotter weather. This week also ushered in the official start to summer.

That being said, here are some songs to kick off summer!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NVVe1DkVsQ]Sly and the Family Stone - Hot Fun in the Summertime - YouTube[/video]

This is for all the old school hip-hop heads like myself. You always knew it was officially summer when you heard this come on the radio:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr0tTbTbmVA]DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime - YouTube[/video]

I took today off as a mental health day, although I doubt I'll sit and do nothing. I need to hit the barbershop and get a fresh hair cut. After that I'm going to head over to the body shop, finally, and pick up some scrap parts so I can start practicing wet sanding. I also need to change the oil and rotate the tires. I'll take that opportunity to clean the inside of the wheels and maybe put some Collinite 915 on them. My co worker, whose car I was supposed to Opti-Coat, had to go to PA so thats on hold. I'm sure I'll get some detailing in on my car.

Other then that, I'm hanging with my lady!!! What about you guys and gals? What do ya'll have planned?

FUNX650
06-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Happy Friday Boys and Girls!!!!

Same to you Alex!

That being said, here are some songs to kick off summer!!!!

Thanks for some summer-time songs!

I took today off as a mental health day, although I doubt I'll sit and do nothing.
-I can start practicing wet sanding.
-I also need to change the oil and rotate the tires.
-I'll take that opportunity to clean the inside of the wheels and maybe put some Collinite 915 on them.
-I'm sure I'll get some detailing in on my car.

Other then that, I'm hanging with my lady!!! What about you guys and gals? What do ya'll have planned?

One thing for sure...I won't be aggravating my neighbors!! :D

J/K

Hope you guys have a great weekend as well

:)

Bob

rider9195
06-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Happy Friday Alex and everyone else!

This week I had three cars to detail, so I'm taking a break on the large parts. Maybe a some interior cleaning. Weather had been more humid than hot here. Just gonna do some general cleaning up and kick back and relax for the rest.

Enjoy!!

flyinion
06-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Happy Friday all. We're getting some cooler weather here which is nice. Highs in the mid-upper 70's this weekend (big change from 100+ last weekend). I'm taking the opportunity to do a correction & seal on the gf's Altima tomorrow while she's at work. Only bad thing is I have to get up and take her to work at 6:15 to do it, yuck. Sunday she works again and I'm going to just kick back and do nothing lol. Well, maybe top the sealant on her car with some nuba but we'll see.

Ted S.
06-22-2012, 12:38 PM
finally got the weekend off! I may actually change out that s10's radiator that's had a hole in it for about a year!!!!

Happy fricken Friday Alex! and everyone elso for that matter, just need to get to 2300, and is smooth sailing to midnight!

richy
06-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Yes, Happy Friday indeed! 1.5 more hours of work then I'm off for 2 weeks!! Can you say "WooooooooHoooooooooo"!!!!

Ted S.
06-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Can you say "WooooooooHoooooooooo"!!!!

No.

richy
06-22-2012, 01:41 PM
No.

OK, I'll PM it to you then for every day the next 2 weeks to remind you how much fun I'm having, LOL!!

Ted S.
06-22-2012, 01:43 PM
OK, I'll PM it to you then for every day the next 2 weeks to remind you how much fun I'm having, LOL!!

Ok, I give in. Wooooooooohoooooooooo!

but I'm still not having fun.

richy
06-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Ok, I give in. Wooooooooohoooooooooo!

but I'm still not having fun.

Tennessee huh? Too bad you're not in the Detroit area, I'd have a cold Canadian beer and a cigar waiting for you. Let the fun begin...

Ted S.
06-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Tennessee huh? Too bad you're not in the Detroit area, I'd have a cold Canadian beer and a cigar waiting for you. Let the fun begin...

Why do I wish I were in Detroit right now???

FUNX650
06-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Yes, Happy Friday indeed! 1.5 more hours of work then I'm off for 2 weeks!! Can you say "WooooooooHoooooooooo"!!!!

OH! such fond memories.

No such waiting-period for vacation-time...Now.

"WooooooooHoooooooooo"!!!! INDEED!!!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/SocialSecurity.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/47525)

(I realize my SS checks are probably non-Canadian related; but, to my fellow Americans I'll say:
"Keep up the good work. And, as always...Thanks! for your support"

:D

Bob

richy
06-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Why do I wish I were in Detroit right now???

Because I was inviting you over for a cold beer and a cigar, that's why.

alko
06-22-2012, 05:26 PM
One thing for sure...I won't be aggravating my neighbors!!

Bob

aaahhhhhahhahahahahaha!!!! Good one Bob!!! Happy Friday to you....and you know what....this weekend I WILL be pissing the neighbors off LMAO!!! I hope you have a fantastic weekend Bob!!!

Happy Friday Alex and everyone else!

This week I had three cars to detail, so I'm taking a break on the large parts. Maybe a some interior cleaning. Weather had been more humid than hot here. Just gonna do some general cleaning up and kick back and relax for the rest.

Enjoy!!

Happy Friday Ryan!! Congrats on the three cars. Sounds like a well deserved "I ain't doin chit" weekend. LOL!!! Have a great weekend man!

Happy Friday all. We're getting some cooler weather here which is nice. Highs in the mid-upper 70's this weekend (big change from 100+ last weekend). I'm taking the opportunity to do a correction & seal on the gf's Altima tomorrow while she's at work. Only bad thing is I have to get up and take her to work at 6:15 to do it, yuck. Sunday she works again and I'm going to just kick back and do nothing lol. Well, maybe top the sealant on her car with some nuba but we'll see.

Happy Friday Charles!!! Sounds like PERFECT weather for detailing! Its funny how we'll do stuff like take the GF to work at 6:15 to detail her car!! Thats how you KNOW you're a auto geek!!! What products are you using on her car? I'm sure the paint is in fairly good shape. Post some pics!!!! :props:

finally got the weekend off! I may actually change out that s10's radiator that's had a hole in it for about a year!!!!

Happy fricken Friday Alex! and everyone elso for that matter, just need to get to 2300, and is smooth sailing to midnight!

Happy Friday Ted!!!! WOOOOOOHHHOOOOOO to having off this weekend!!! Enjoy it man. Good luck with the radiator. Have a great weekend man!

wwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooo ooooooooooooo!!!!!! Happy Friday Richy!!! 2 weeks off?!?!? AWW hell...you ain't gonna know how to act! And when you come back you'll be brand new LOL!!! Got any special plans for the 2 weeks off?

flyinion
06-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Happy Friday Charles!!! Sounds like PERFECT weather for detailing! Its funny how we'll do stuff like take the GF to work at 6:15 to detail her car!! Thats how you KNOW you're a auto geek!!! What products are you using on her car? I'm sure the paint is in fairly good shape. Post some pics!!!! :props:

Well, it's in decent shape considering it's black paint, it sat on the lot for who knows how long until she bought it in September (2011 model year), and this will be the first chance I've had to get to anything other than a wash or putting a quick coat of DGPS on to get it through the winter. It's definitely got some fine scratches, but hopefully with the soft Nissan paint the finishing glaze will take it out (not really a "glaze" but a fine polish). Will be doing some pics for sure, but well you know how that goes (yeah I'm still working on those other ones lol).

Going to use the following on it after washing........
Pinnacle XMT clay + ONR at clay lube dilution
WG Finishing Glaze (unless I really need TSR, hope not or it will be both products due to black car)
WG DGPS
possibly Pinnacle SS II if I have time/feel like it on Sunday after the 12 hour cure