PDA

View Full Version : Same Stuff, Different Bottle?

rdcaldw
05-16-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm a new user of the Wolfgang products and the results are fantastic, but I'm curious about Wolfgang, DP, Pinnacle, & Poorboy's being owned by the same company. Aren't they all bottled in the same place, too? Although Pinnacle is a carnauba based line, the others have mostly the same bottles and packaging. Why offer the same poly clay in the same package under three different name brands?

Is this just a marketing strategy to offer the same products under different brands? Why not consolidate and offer the best formula of sealant, clay, etc. under one brand?

ScottB
05-16-2006, 08:01 PM
While clay is very similar , waxes and sealants between these lines are completely different. Pinnacle is the obvious as it is carnuaba line. Wolfgang is a sealant that offers the best in german polymer technology. While DP is grown , bred, and designed with the best america can offer as offers both a sealant and a carnuaba wax.

Bottling in one warehouse or with one manufacturer is simply done because of costs. Much easier to spread the cost of equipment over several product lines, and in some cases even help to manufacturer other lines for outside companies. PBMA does NOT private label. Anyone who told you otherwise is simply trying to tarnish the reputation and products offered.

rdcaldw
05-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the reply. No real negative intent from my original post -- just something I noticed as I looked at all the brochures included with my Wolfgang order. It's interesting to notice the different pricing points between DP & WG for the same clay in the same box. Brand loyalty is a powerful factor, so discontinuing older formulas or brands would probably earn PBMA lots of negative feedback from customers.

I used the Wolfgang Clay, Swirl Remover, Glaze, & Sealant on a daily commuter recently and I'm impressed with the results. I'll be interested to see how the sealant holds up in the hot, humid, salty air of coastal South Carolina. Because Wolfgang is the newest formula for PBMA, I'm hoping the chemistry is the most up-to-date.

OCDetails
05-16-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm a pretty fanatical user of the Wolfgang and Pinnacle products. I can tell you as one who has been using their products for years that there is a dramatic difference from one product to the other. They are as different as a Honda Accord and a Honda Shadow. The same company may make them, but they are made for totally different results.

Meghan
05-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Just to clear up a few things for you... :confused:

We at Palm Beach Motoring take great pride in the fact that we are the manufacturers of three separate product lines. They are three lines that are completely different and are all based on different detailing theories. We have our Detailers Pride which is economically priced and great for the detailer.
Then we have our Wolfgang line which is made from a German formula which is manufactured in the United States. It is a sealant base line made using state of the art synthetic formulas. It brings durability and awesome results each and every time it is used.
Then we have our baby... the Pinnacle line. This line is for those who don't mess around! The carnauba based line that is all natural and is for the perfectionist who loves their car like no other. Great line for those who show there vehicles too. And if I might add, the scents involved in the Pinnacle line just can't be beat.
Under the Pinnacle line we have recently added the XMT line; this is exclusively for all of you machine users! :righton:

To answer your clay question, we are one of the very few to make this claim.... Ultra Poly Clay is patented clay made exclusively for Pinnacle!! It is our very own clay, and a great clay at that! :awesome:

As for the Poorboy's line, yes it to be a great line, but we are a reseller of that line, Steve is the owner and manufacturer and we carry it along with many other great lines.

Hope this helps you out!! :)

Kelso
05-17-2006, 05:41 PM
the xmt series does smell fantastic. the purple finishing glaze has the strongest smell of them all, smells like grape:iagree:

Oceanedge
05-18-2006, 07:45 PM
So....how does it taste?....Grapey!??...LOL!!