PDA

View Full Version : Anyone just use finishing polishes?

cleanmycorolla
06-21-2012, 03:44 PM
So as a relative newb, I'm curious, does anyone ever use just a finishing polish on well kept cars with minimal defects? I have some friends cars coming up, but honestly spending 5-6 hrs on multiple steps is something in this Los Angeles heat I wont be looking forward too! So anyone else just use just a finishing or fine polish on cars exclusively? Hows it working for you? These cars are daily drivers, so show room perfection isn't needed, just some light correction and some "pop"

I've been itching to try Megs205 or WGFG:xyxthumbs:

bl3ujay07
06-21-2012, 03:50 PM
M205 works wonders on daily drivers. I've been using m205 and swirl x for almost everything now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

RhetoricMixes
06-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Your dilemma is the exact reason i just ordered some of Optimums Hyper Polish. I wanted something that could act as a medium polish for vehicles that are daily driven and want some gloss and also to use on my personal black vehicle which only needs a fine polish every few months.

Waxy
06-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Try an AIO several available.....I Like Blackfire Total Polish & Seal.
This is the perfect product for daily drivers. BLACKFIRE Total Polish & Seal delivers an attractive gloss and the appearance of smooth, clean paint in far less time than a complete three-step detailing process. Total Polish & Seal is designed to provide the shine you want and protection your vehicle needs in a practical, easy-to-use product.
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/blackfire-total-polish-seal-1.jpg
BLACKFIRE Total Polish & Seal, polish and wax, cleaner wax, car polish (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-total-polish-seal.html)

bmwgalore
06-21-2012, 05:02 PM
I hit all my vehicles with Menzerna SF4500 on a Black pad or Meguiars 205 on a Blue pad every so often, works great.

If I need a bit more correction, I just heavy up the pad cutting power.

Vegas Transplant
06-21-2012, 05:54 PM
That's where the 'mandatory' test spot comes into play.
Why would you even consider multiple steps/5-6 hours (correction, I'm guessing) on...

...well kept cars with minimal defects

...?

Happy detailing...:autowash:

Larry S
06-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Your dilemma is the exact reason i just ordered some of Optimums Hyper Polish. I wanted something that could act as a medium polish for vehicles that are daily driven and want some gloss and also to use on my personal black vehicle which only needs a fine polish every few months.

I'm very interested in how the hyper polish works on your daily driver black car. I am in the same situation, car is in great shape, doesn't need any real correction, just a touch here and there.

cleanmycorolla
06-21-2012, 06:06 PM
M205 works wonders on daily drivers. I've been using m205 and swirl x for almost everything now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Yeah M205 looks like something I'd like to get my hands on....

I've looked at Optimum GPS myself, will you let me know how the hyper polish turns out for you?

Try an AIO several available.....I Like Blackfire Total Polish & Seal.
This is the perfect product for daily drivers. BLACKFIRE Total Polish & Seal delivers an attractive gloss and the appearance of smooth, clean paint in far less time than a complete three-step detailing process. Total Polish & Seal is designed to provide the shine you want and protection your vehicle needs in a practical, easy-to-use product.

I have tried XMT 360, their AIO. I like it, but found I'm not too fond of it on some paints, it seems picky to me in my usage so far. I like the idea of this Blackfire product though

That's where the 'mandatory' test spot comes into play.
Why would you even consider multiple steps/5-6 hours (correction, I'm guessing) on...

...?

Happy detailing...:autowash:

I would spend a long time with multiple steps, because my detailing knowledge is still growing, so sometimes I take the slow and steady route until I feel 100% confident, I am 85% there. Also, one or two family members cars I've done needed some correction in small areas, but figure I could get away with just a polish as they're DD'S. Plus this is for friends and family, I wanted to care for their cars as they're the only people besides myself I'll ever do it for. Yeah the advice on the test spot is crucial, I did many of those when I begane learning.... :)

Finemess
06-21-2012, 06:11 PM
I use these with a white pad.
CarPro Fixer Polishing Compound (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-fixer-compound.html)
Meguiars Mirror Glaze #205 Ultra Finishing Polish, final polish, car polish, M205, Meguires (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-205-polish-8oz.html)
Optimum Finish Polish 8 oz., car polish, finishing polish, final polish, black car polish (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-final-polish.html)

Vegas Transplant
06-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Yeah the advice on the test spot is crucial, I did many of those when I begane learning.... :)

:dblthumb2:

AutowerxDetailing
06-21-2012, 06:27 PM
I would like to try the BF stuff everyone seems to rave about but on well maintained cars I just use M205 and then straight to LSP. I also will do a test spot to make sure of my pad choice. Most cars end up getting hit with M205/CCS white pad with the PC.

RhetoricMixes
06-21-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm very interested in how the hyper polish works on your daily driver black car. I am in the same situation, car is in great shape, doesn't need any real correction, just a touch here and there.

I will certainly let you know when i get it in. My car only has very light swirls and im interested on how this performs with a blue or white LC pad

I've looked at Optimum GPS myself, will you let me know how the hyper polish turns out for you?

I will once i get it in. In a little over a week im having a client stop by for a 1 step correction on a dodge charger and nitro and we'll see how hyper polish performs.

cleanmycorolla
06-21-2012, 07:54 PM
I will certainly let you know when i get it in. My car only has very light swirls and im interested on how this performs with a blue or white LC pad

I will once i get it in. In a little over a week im having a client stop by for a 1 step correction on a dodge charger and nitro and we'll see how hyper polish performs.

Excellent! Good luck with the jobs, always loved those Nitro's:xyxthumbs:

JeffW
06-21-2012, 08:00 PM
I hit all my vehicles with Menzerna SF4500 on a Black pad or Meguiars 205 on a Blue pad every so often, works great.

If I need a bit more correction, I just heavy up the pad cutting power.

:iagree:

primo spaghetti
06-21-2012, 09:09 PM
:iagree:

me too...or Menz PO205