PDA

View Full Version : Paint Related......Weber

Bostonbull
06-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Not a car, but still a very nice object that's painted.

Fathers Day was very good to me this year. The family got me a new Weber Genesis E310 with stainless steel grates, and flavorizer bars. Genesis® E-310™ Grill from Weber Grills and Accessories (http://www.weber.com/explore/grills/genesis-series/genesis-e-310)

The grill has a nice black paint job on the hood and doors, and stainless steel everywhere. I would like to clean it, and then protect it.

It easily reaches 500*, and I have had it up to 650*.

What do you suggest to keep it looking 100% like new?

BobbyG
06-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Weber grills are great and we have one as well. I'll routinely see the internal temp hit 800F and unfortunately I know of no wax or protectant other than high temperature paint that withstands this environment...

I wash our and occasionally wipe it down with all purpose cleaner then dry....

embolism
06-21-2012, 09:44 AM
would OC withstand those temps?

dougaross
06-21-2012, 09:49 AM
would OC withstand those temps?

NO - pretty sure max =500

2old2change
06-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Not sure about the black surface but on the stainless I use Sprayway Stainless Cleaner . These are the same people that make the glass cleaner and it does a great job of cleaning and making it shine. I have found it at Sams Club. As nice as it looks and easy as it is to use I wouldn't worry about a product to protect it.

tach18k
06-21-2012, 01:08 PM
One thing, and I just bought one myself, an E310, The stainless panels are magnetic stainless not 100% SS. In other words it could rust. The painted surpfaces are powder coated now due to the heat. Just keep it clean and spend the $50 and get a cover, you may have to do this every year as they are not the best covers. Enjoy, cause I know I am.

Bill1234
06-21-2012, 01:27 PM
The best products I know that keep metal looking great are Ibiz metal polish and Ibiz wax, I would not try putting this stuff in the grill, but more on top

Bostonbull
06-21-2012, 01:33 PM
HA! So basically, no.

I kinda figured this, but thought you were the best bunch to ask.

If I could at least make the "stainless" pop/shine and easier to clean that would be great! It doesn't get anywhere near as hot as the hood does

primo spaghetti
06-21-2012, 07:14 PM
what about collonite insulator wax? it is high heat, but I don’t know the max temp....

I have a Weber that is at the cottage...going on 17 years old now, and the original ignitor still works. Blows my 2 year old napoleon outta the water. :wave:

Bostonbull
06-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Looks like at this time I should just clean and protect the stainless.

Suggestions?