PDA

View Full Version : Fill me in on the small details

pyles1735
06-21-2012, 01:49 AM
First off, I would like to say that yall all have gave me more information and lessons then I ever imagined getting. I came to this board after trying to participate on the Meguiars board and got little to no responses or time.

I have also bombarded yall with question after questions and have got nothing more than straight feedback.

But, I am hear to learn as much as possible and the thing I'm asking for now is a complete step by step detailed list of what I need to do during my work to achieve the work yall do. Little tips and tricks yall have learned over time or places to clean newer details miss or over look.

The reason for this is because when I detail for someone I want to be amazed and satisfied with my work. This may be due to my perfectionist/obessive drive of not half assing something.

A side question before we get to the walkthru: I just ordered some Megs APC+ and would like tips on how and what to use it. I did read through an article on here talking about its uses but I know there's more. Another thing is the 10:1 ratio how much of each part is there? Is it 1 oz per how much water?

Thanks again guys and be patient with me. I'm a determined learner.
Sent from my Desire HD using AG Online

neat e34
06-21-2012, 02:12 AM
Regarding your dilution question you want 10 parts water to 1 part product.
So 1oz APC+ mixed with 10oz of water.
I generally divide how much I need (32oz for example) by 11 then go from there...

RoadRageDetail
06-21-2012, 02:12 AM
But, I am hear to learn as much as possible and the thing I'm asking for now is a complete step by step detailed list of what I need to do during my work to achieve the work yall do. Little tips and tricks yall have learned over time or places to clean newer details miss or over look.

The reason for this is because when I detail for someone I want to be amazed and satisfied with my work. This may be due to my perfectionist/obessive drive of not half assing something.

Answering this extremely vague question could lead to writing a multi-chapter book.

How about you fill us in on what exactly you're wanting to accomplish with the skills you're trying to develop?

A thorough cleaning? Paint perfecting? Proper wax technique? Neat and tidy dressing application? Window cleaning?

Hate to sound harsh or negative, but experience is the best teacher - and I would make sure you have a TON of it before trying to put your work to the test on someone else's investment.

pyles1735
06-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Mostly just places people might over look while detailing an interior. Interior cleaning tips. I have the outside and waxing pretty well down. I just feel like I forget things on the inside.

Sent from my Desire HD using AG Online

rddmxmeth10
06-21-2012, 10:55 AM
This will help with the dillution ratio Enviro-One Dilution Calculator (http://www.enviro-one.com/calculator.asp)