PDA

View Full Version : I think i have my first customer!

TjMonsen5
04-01-2007, 03:05 AM
My dads friend was at my house today, and he has a 95 Mercedes SL500. It only has 22k miles!! Its black and he only drives it on nice days, and it has NEVER even been driven in the rain! But heres the catch, he thought that since his car never really looked dirty, he would just wash it with a wet rag. He has never actually given it a proper wash! I told him that he REALLY needs to have his car properly detailed. Anyways, he said there are alot of swirl marks and the paint is kinda weird looking because he thinks the previous owner improperly waxed it. He said he would probably pay me 125 bucks for the job.
Heres my idea of how to conquer it. (I am going to try start up a detailing summer business for myself for some extra cash, this will be my first paying customer with a PC and good polishes/waxes.)
Wash
Clay with DP clay
Polish with XMT2,maybe 3 if its really bad with a CCS orange pad
Klasse AIO with CCS white pad
Klasse SG with CCS grey pad or Liquid Soveran with blue pad

I was thinking, i should end with klasse SG and come back in a week and give him another wash and then apply the liquid soveran. since SG needs cure time, i think soveran would make it really shine.
Does my process sound good?

nick19
04-01-2007, 04:18 AM
Sounds good to me.

Remember, when you use AIO to use a VERY small amount, no bigger than pea size. Use WOWO (wipe on-wipe off) technique.

When you get to SG, apply similar to AIO, but let SG "haze" for at least 30 minutes. During this time, dress tires, do the interior etc.

I would say if you started this early in the morning, you could apply LS at the end of the day, if not anytime the next day. And use a QD before you apply LS, unless its been a week or more; then re-wash it again.

Good luck :cheers:

-Nick

BILL
04-01-2007, 07:39 AM
Sounds good to me.

Remember, when you use AIO to use a VERY small amount, no bigger than pea size. Use WOWO (wipe on-wipe off) technique.

When you get to SG, apply similar to AIO, but let SG "haze" for at least 30 minutes. During this time, dress tires, do the interior etc.

I would say if you started this early in the morning, you could apply LS at the end of the day, if not anytime the next day. And use a QD before you apply LS, unless its been a week or more; then re-wash it again.

Good luck :cheers:

-Nick

good luck sounds like a sound plan......

QD before the L.S only after the first day? or same day??

sparkie
04-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Congrats on your first customer. Sound like a good plan. If it was me, wash, clay, xmt for paint correction. AIO (I work mine in like a polish, I'm a little different then other) and oh yes LSP Liquid Soveran. As far as SG you can if you want to, I may use it before winter or something like that. But it's spring I would forget about it IMO. The last time I used SG I done the WOWO method, work great. Good luck and we want pics!

Nuke33
04-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Looks good, have fun!

TjMonsen5
04-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Congrats on your first customer. Sound like a good plan. If it was me, wash, clay, xmt for paint correction. AIO (I work mine in like a polish, I'm a little different then other) and oh yes LSP Liquid Soveran. As far as SG you can if you want to, I may use it before winter or something like that. But it's spring I would forget about it IMO. The last time I used SG I done the WOWO method, work great. Good luck and we want pics!

hmm, so you think i should just skip the SG? I guess this seems ok because he never lets the car get dirty and barely drives it at all. Another question about XMT, i ordered XMT3 and XMT2, but not XMT1. i ordered klasse AIO and SG instead, will AIO take XTM1s place? i cant wait to do this detail, the car should look really good after im done with it!

sparkie
04-01-2007, 02:34 PM
hmm, so you think i should just skip the SG? I guess this seems ok because he never lets the car get dirty and barely drives it at all. Another question about XMT, i ordered XMT3 and XMT2, but not XMT1. i ordered klasse AIO and SG instead, will AIO take XTM1s place? i cant wait to do this detail, the car should look really good after im done with it!

I think you will be fine using XMT3 or 2 and than AIO. I know it works on on lighter color cars. Fine a spot like the door and play around and see how it dose.