PDA

View Full Version : ANTS!! I Hate Them!

oldmodman
06-20-2012, 03:24 PM
I just washed my car and ANTS! have crawled up the wheels to escape the water puddles.

They have made it into the engine compartment, the body, and of course, all over me!

I Hate Ants!

Setec Astronomy
06-20-2012, 03:32 PM
What are they, those little pavement ants? I had some of them in my driveway in the spring, I used some stuff I got on the internet called, believe it or not Optigard, knocked them right out. It's a bait gel and it's kind of expensive because it comes in a box of four syringes, the Combat stuff you can get in the supermarket works pretty well, too.

Some of it depends where they are in the nesting cycle...sometimes they don't seem interested in bait. Anyway, there are some good gels and also some good bait stations, they work differently than the traditional "poisons".

FlawlessMustang
06-20-2012, 04:02 PM
We had problems a few months ago. It happened last year also. They found a way through the brick on the outside of the house into the kitchen. They have gotten into the cabinets, pantry items like powdered sugar and some other stuff. This year instead of being in the cabinets, they were actually behind the cabinets and crawling down the wall and on the counter tops. Mar-Von came out and sprayed once, but the ants came back and so did Mar-Von lol. We haven't had any problems lately though luckily. Good luck with getting rid of them.

ScottB
06-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Raid

dougaross
06-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Little pads for their feet

bmwgalore
06-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Get a tamandua, a.k.a. anteater.

snellvilleauto
06-20-2012, 08:04 PM
TERRO liquid Ant bait. I swear by this brand of gel ant baits. You can buy it at Home Depot. When i see 1 or 2 soldiers ant in the kitchen counter top, i open a packet and leave it. Of course you'll see a lot more coming and that's good because these ants will eat the bait, go back to the nest and share w/ one another and the Queen. Of course the poison will kill them all.

SLOWBRA
06-20-2012, 08:36 PM
TERRO liquid Ant bait. I swear by this brand of gel ant baits. You can buy it at Home Depot. When i see 1 or 2 soldiers ant in the kitchen counter top, i open a packet and leave it. Of course you'll see a lot more coming and that's good because these ants will eat the bait, go back to the nest and share w/ one another and the Queen. Of course the poison will kill them all.

I agree. This is the best stuff! I also get Triazide granules and spread them on the ant hills I find outside.

DLaw
06-20-2012, 08:41 PM
I agree also. Terro is the way to go!!

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

Flash Gordon
06-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Be glad they weren't fire ants

snellvilleauto
06-20-2012, 09:01 PM
I remembered growing up in Viet Nam we would bet each other to see who can last the longest by placing a fire ant onto your antecubital area and close up you elbow. DAmn that was stupid :) But i won a lot of ice scream because we were poor and that's the only way to get some treats

oldmodman
06-21-2012, 06:00 PM

I'll head over to Home Depot and see if they carry it. Thanks!

Be glad they weren't fire ants

I don't EVEN want to think about that. Fire Ants have not made it to Southern California yet. And the Killer Bees never became the hazard that they were supposed to bee!