PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang TSR and Finish Glaze or M105/205

washnwax
06-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Given a surbuf pad and a pc 7424xp, would TSR and M105 be indifferent or would one have more correction capabilities?

Thanks

Cman8
06-19-2012, 10:58 PM
I have used TSR with awesome results with just an orange pad. Love the trio it works great.

washnwax
06-20-2012, 03:35 PM
I have used TSR with awesome results with just an orange pad. Love the trio it works great.

Yes I have done that too, but I personally can't say the results were awesome. Water etching and scratches did remain and I'm looking for a more aggressive combo.

Maybe I will buy some M105 and do some tests and post. :xyxthumbs:

Cman8
06-20-2012, 03:40 PM
did you try to use a different pad or technique? Sometimes this is the case. I have found this article (http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/paint-polishing-changing-the-speed-andor-pressure/) very useful as sometimes this is the case. I would look into that before you try and go the heavier route as it might just be a tweak in pads or pressure. then when all else fails is when you should get more aggressive. Only reason I say this is because i have taken some pretty gnarly stuff with great results with the wolfgang before trying to get to the heavy stuff.

washnwax
06-20-2012, 04:01 PM
did you try to use a different pad or technique? Sometimes this is the case. I have found this article (http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/paint-polishing-changing-the-speed-andor-pressure/) very useful as sometimes this is the case. I would look into that before you try and go the heavier route as it might just be a tweak in pads or pressure. then when all else fails is when you should get more aggressive. Only reason I say this is because i have taken some pretty gnarly stuff with great results with the wolfgang before trying to get to the heavy stuff.

Sure, I've read that and used the TSR and Orange several different ways with the PC7424Xp with zero results in water stain and scratch removal.

The whole purpose of this thread was to find out if M105 could be replaced with TSR and still achieve the same results. I'm interested to find out since I already have the TSR and 5.5" SurBufs as well as the 7424XP.....I don't want to find out the hardway that diminishing abrasives could work against me in this situation - trying to do heavy correcting with a surbuf and using a polish that breaks down....just seems counter-intuitive but wanted to ask around....

flyinion
06-20-2012, 09:54 PM
If I understand what you're asking, the 105 will have a lot more cut as per the AG compound chart Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm) From what I understand about 105 (never used it) you'll need to finish it up with a second product because it will leave compounding scratches. 205 or the finishing glaze should fix that I believe (205 for sure).

WRAPT C5Z06
06-20-2012, 10:45 PM
M105 works best with the surbuf pads.

washnwax
06-21-2012, 04:04 PM
yes sir. There are a ton of posts proving that is true! How does TSR work with Surbuf? Would it be a waste of time due to diminishing abrasives or would it actually cut similar to M105?

Thanks

washnwax
06-21-2012, 04:12 PM
If I understand what you're asking, the 105 will have a lot more cut as per the AG compound chart Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm) From what I understand about 105 (never used it) you'll need to finish it up with a second product because it will leave compounding scratches. 205 or the finishing glaze should fix that I believe (205 for sure).

Thanks for the link!!! I have not used M105 myself. I have a need to use either yellow or surbuf to remove deep scratches and water etching type 2 that the TSR and orange pad can't seem to resolve. I own one LC flat yellow 5.5 and a pack of surbuf pads 5.5" and TSR, WG finish glaze. With all the awesomeness i am reading about M105/surbuf, I was curious anyone tested TSR/surbuf. I will be documenting this over the weekend unless someone says it's not worth trying....

primo spaghetti
06-21-2012, 07:04 PM
ive only tried the TSR with the LC orange on a PC..but had no issues with that combo.

yosheego
07-05-2012, 12:51 PM

I'm sorry, what is a surbuf pad?

Buckskincolt
07-05-2012, 01:09 PM
A simple answer is yes the M105 will have more cut on surbuf pads, it will have more cut on any pad, it simply has more cut. Will the surbuf increase the cut of the WG TSR? I doubt much, the Daminishing abrasives in the WG polishes only last so long no matter what pad they are on. I have never tried it and look forward to your findings!:props:

Buckskincolt
07-05-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm sorry, what is a surbuf pad?

This Surbuf R Series 5.5 Inch Buffing Pads 2 Pack, surbuf pads, microfingers pads, polishing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/surbuf-55-in-buffing-pads.html)