PDA

View Full Version : Half way through, and now it rains

Darvetis
06-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Well, I was able to wash, clay, and apply Meguiars Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner to the Rav4.

Now rain showers are moving through the area, and I have to quit working on the vehicle for the day.

Tomorrow morning plan on on applying DCS polish (step 2) and after that, Collinite 845.

Since the car is outside, and will be exposed to elements overnight, will I need to wash again before the polish? Or can I just begin the polishing step in the morning.

Thanks for any input...

RoadRageDetail
06-19-2012, 05:11 PM
You will need to make sure the surface is clean and free of contaminants before moving forward. A quick wash should do the trick. If the rain left a lot of spots in your unprotected paint you may even need to start back at step 1.

Darvetis
06-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks for advice. Just went outside to check out the car. No waterspots, but a layer of pollen all over the vehicle.

Ugh...

Time to shift into reverse, go back a few step, and start again....

shoeless89
06-20-2012, 01:36 PM
You will want to re-wash. With polishing you want everything and anything that even comes close to the car to be as clean as possible. This includes pads, microfiber towels, your hands, and of course the paint.

Darvetis
06-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Went to Al's Superwash earlier this afternoon, a convenient self serve place where I rewashed the car.

Since it was sunny here in Portland today, I ended up leaving the Toyota in the wash bay after the rewash. Shady and cool there. Applied the polish and then the Collinite 845.

Car looking pretty nice now, will work on glass, trim, tires (etc...) tomorrow.

Thanks for advice!