PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade or Not?

Cman8
06-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Hey all, just wanted to ask all you detailing pros and amateurs a quick question.

I own a PC 7424XP and was wondering if you think or advise I upgrade? Im not a detailing pro, I do do it for money but only as an occasional side gig (maybe 10 cars a year tops) reason being is my summer is pretty crazy for my job. I enjoy doing it a lot and love keeping my cars detailed and find myself doing it more and more not only for myself but for others. I am just finishing an Escalade detail (pics coming soon) and started thinking if it would be worth for someone like me to get a flex and either sell or keep the PC as an "other" tool. Any thoughts advice appreciated. Thanks!:xyxthumbs:

rider9195
06-19-2012, 04:31 PM
I don't see it worth spending all the money on the Flex. Especially doing less than 20 cars a year.

Dugdug
06-19-2012, 04:33 PM
You're still gonna get the same results. Flex will just shorten the time a bit. I personally wouldn't but if you got the money and want the goods, then go for it!

Nappers
06-19-2012, 05:16 PM
If you have the money get it, seems like a great machine backed by great customer support and keep the PC as a back up machine.

atoy
06-19-2012, 05:25 PM
I sold my flex and gg6. Retained my pcxp. I use only 4in pads (mf and foam). Ime correction time is almost the same with flex if you use mf pads and m105 or d300. Flex has a learning curve

AutowerxDetailing
06-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Do it, do it, do it! I'm waiting for my 849X to get here in the mail and I can't wait to start using it. I would have gone with a Flex but I just couldn't justify the premium price especially since I am still only detailing part time for now.

:buffing: