PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a 55 Gallon drum in a truck bed.

VAS
06-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but certainly not new to detailing. I'm currently a production detailer at a large automall, but I started out in body shops and certainly know my way around paint. Currently I'm looking to start a side business with my truck, and I was able to score a plastic 55 gallon chemical drum that I plan on using as a temporary tank for my new venture. Currently My best Idea involves mounting a bar on the bottom of my truck bed, and strapping the tank to this bar. The truck is a 2005 Dodge Ram, and has 2 oval shaped holes in the front side of the bed. (closest to the cab, parallel with the back glass) I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a bar that fits these holes, or any bar that uses the front side mounting areas of a truck bed. Otherwise I'm going to have to make one up, probably using a fence post or square tube, but I'd rather just buy something that I can adapt. Any other ideas will certainly be considered, thanks.

-VAS

Dadillac
06-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Small ratchet strap. Clip it to the front of the bed around the drum. Clamp tightly. Or put the drum in the corner of the bed and clip to the front and side of the bed.

Don

topdawg57
06-19-2012, 08:26 PM
look up a company called load locker on the net its the system i use