PDA

View Full Version : Boarshair Brush

swanicyouth
06-19-2012, 09:22 AM
What do you guys think of using the Montana 10" BH brush on a pole to wash cars using a dip in rinse water,
then dip in soap method? They look like washing would require less bending and they wood be good for the roof of a SUV.

Does/Did anyone use one?

Do they scratch if used carefully and correctly?

siberianrunner
06-19-2012, 09:57 AM
I've been using a boars hair brush attached to a 5ft extension for the last six months and yes it does save a lot of bending over. The brush is very soft and doesn't appear to create anymore swirls then the microfiber mitt used previously. I typically use a two bucket system with grit guards and Megs Gold Class Shampoo. The long bristles on the brush work exceptionally well for cleaning the grills and around headlights but still need to follow up with a mitt to get some of the spaces and corners where the larger brush won't go.

Largebore
06-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Works great for me. I tried it, liked it and now that is all that I use.
I hold it in my hand and do not use the extention pole.

iceman978
06-19-2012, 04:40 PM
I've been using the boar's hair brush with the extension pole for the last two years. I use the bone sponge for smaller, hard to reach areas but mostly use the brush. I use the two bucket method with grit guards in both and Meguiar's NXT soap. I fully corrected the paint on my cars two years ago and I keep them washed/waxed. I haven't noticed any new swirls or scratches on the paint since then, so I am pretty satisfied it's safe for my finish.

swanicyouth
06-19-2012, 05:56 PM
I've been using the boar's hair brush with the extension pole for the last two years. I use the bone sponge for smaller, hard to reach areas but mostly use the brush. I use the two bucket method with grit guards in both and Meguiar's NXT soap. I fully corrected the paint on my cars two years ago and I keep them washed/waxed. I haven't noticed any new swirls or scratches on the paint since then, so I am pretty satisfied it's safe for my finish.

Sounds good... Waiting for July 4th sale to order one

brlukosk
06-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Seems like the hair would release dirt better than a microfiber when rinsing. I may have to pick one up.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

swanicyouth
06-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Seems like the hair would release dirt better than a microfiber when rinsing. I may have to pick one up.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I saw a video of Mike Phillips washing a car with one. It looked super fast and easy to use on the pole. I just hope they don't mar.

poweraid
06-19-2012, 07:58 PM
I use one also with my 4x4 and SUVs . make sure u pre soak the brush 5-10 mins in wash bucket before using to help soften up the bristles some . don't buy the extension pole that is offered . where it screws into brush is hollow and easily breaks . instead pick up a painters adjustable extension pole , a lot more durable and same price or cheaper .

Blackthorn One
06-19-2012, 09:34 PM
I saw a video of Mike Phillips washing a car with one. It looked super fast and easy to use on the pole. I just hope they don't mar.
Boars hair bristles are very soft, yet are stiff enough not to go limp when wet, like horsehair does. If you had ever touched a boar's hair brush, you would know that with a gentle touch and full of sudsy water, they do not mar, at least not more than anything else. I have been using my boar's hair 10 inch brush without a handle for 8 years now, for the first of my two wash method, and am very satisfied. The brush cleans the loose dirt off gently and gets into the nooks and crannies where a mitt cannot. I use a mitt for my second wash.
I'm a big advocate of them for this.