PDA

View Full Version : Another Mainer!

lobstahcookah
06-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Greetings all! I noticed another guy below introducing himself from Maine; figured I should drop an intro myself. Been lurking on here for quite a while and finally decided to join up!

I've been [somewhat] obsessed with taking care of vehicles (mechanically and cosmetically) since my dad first trusted me with not hitting the end of the hose on his truck many years ago. I've learned a ton over this past year or so from this site alone in addition to input from some local buddies who are also car/detailing enthusiasts. For now I regularly detail my own truck, my girlfriend's car and some family/close friends rides but I do see a small detailing business startup in the near future (more to come on that someday) I love my job/career but to make a few bucks on the side doing something else I enjoy would be nice too!

For now, here's a picture of my DD F-150 the day I bought it from a family friend back in September 2010. It looks a little different now and is in much better cosmetic shape (it was parked under a white pine tree for 8 months before I got it) but you get the idea.

Thanks for all the help you've given me without even knowing it! I look forward to all that this forum has to offer and hope to someday be as helpful as many of you have been to users like myself.

Mike

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/F150_Sep2010.jpg

Gretsch308
06-18-2012, 10:36 PM
Hello fellow Mainer!!! Nice truck! Where are you located?

DaHen
06-19-2012, 05:26 AM
Hi Mike,

:welcome: to Autogeek's forum from another New Englander.

Mike Phillips
06-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Greetings all! I noticed another guy below introducing himself from Maine; figured I should drop an intro myself. Been lurking on here for quite a while and finally decided to join up!

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

We love seeing lurkers transition to participating members! :xyxthumbs:

I've learned a ton over this past year or so from this site alone in addition to input from some local buddies who are also car/detailing enthusiasts.

We also love hearing feedback like this, it means we're doing our job.

Welcome aboard...

:)

rider9195
06-19-2012, 07:24 AM
Welcome to Autogeek Online Mike! Truck is looking very good!

lobstahcookah
06-19-2012, 07:42 AM
Hello fellow Mainer!!! Nice truck! Where are you located?

Thanks Gretsch! I'm down in Kittery so not too far from you I see. Good looking Scooby you got there! I'd love to pick up an older WRX wagon to use around town and such to keep the gas tank in my truck full!

lobstahcookah
06-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Welcome to Autogeek Online Mike! Truck is looking very good!

Thanks Ryan! Truck looks good but it's filthy in that picture...just look at the dirt on the drivers side door!

vet
06-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Welcome!

Gretsch308
06-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks Gretsch! I'm down in Kittery so not too far from you I see. Good looking Scooby you got there! I'd love to pick up an older WRX wagon to use around town and such to keep the gas tank in my truck full!

You should! They are so fun, especially in the winter! I have been talking to my Suby friends on our local forums about a Detail Day. I'll let you know if and when we decide to do it!

lobstahcookah
06-19-2012, 01:53 PM
That'd be awesome! Definitely keep me posted. I know of at least one friend here who would join for sure! Hows the new Porter Cable treating you? Ill be picking one up very soon.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Gretsch308
06-19-2012, 02:07 PM
That'd be awesome! Definitely keep me posted. I know of at least one friend here who would join for sure! Hows the new Porter Cable treating you? Ill be picking one up very soon.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

It's awesome! Still learning, also just bought a backing plate and pads. I have a bunch of people that want me to detail their vehicles to, so I will be getting a lot of practice! Bought a foam cannon as well. Cannot wait to try that out!