PDA

View Full Version : GG 3" MP or 3" Pads on my PC7336 for motorcycle

blawson327
06-17-2012, 07:52 PM
I am thinking about picking up the GG 3" during the fathers day sale to do my motorcycle(Harley Softail). I currently have an older PC 7336(possibly will be upgrading to a GG6) and saw I could get a 3" back plate and pads for it.

Which way would be the better way to go? Any concern with the small pads on a "full size" DA spinning too fast? I know the 7336 has less power than the 7424 and the GG6, so maybe its a non issue. What about if I do upgrade to a more powerful DA?

Thanks!

rider9195
06-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Save your money and just get a smaller backing plate for 3 or 4" pads. A lot less than a whole new machine plus more pads.

rwright
06-18-2012, 02:40 AM
Save your money and just get a smaller backing plate for 3 or 4" pads. A lot less than a whole new machine plus more pads.

I would have agreed with this statement before using the Griot's 3" polisher. It is much more balanced than putting a 3" backing plate on a regular DA, the 3" polisher is easier to use on a motorcycle and tighter spaces, you don't have to worry about changing backing plates, and when dealing with delicate paint such as pinstripes it's such a blessing due to size and balance. I have zero regrets buying this little machine. :)