PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy's White Diamond & Black Hole

Mc'lovin
06-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Hi all,

I've read great reviews on PB's both White Diamond and Black Hole glazes, and thinking of buying some. However, I am wondering which volume should I purchase.

Do these products belong to the "less is more\ a little goes a long way" family, or will I need to use a lot of product when applying?

How many mid-sized cars will a 16 oz. bottle be good for?

Thank you!

HotRodJoe
06-17-2012, 05:06 PM
A little goes a long way. If you use too much, hard to remove. I'm speaking of PBBH...haven't tried the white stuff yet.

Mc'lovin
06-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the comment...
I'm guessing this means the same as well for White Diamond.

Has anyone tried it and can point out pros and cons?

bmwgalore
06-18-2012, 03:18 PM
PROS: Awesome, best 2 glazes hands down.
CONS: None really.. I have them both and I can't think of any cons. Maybe the only CON would be that it can't be topped up with a Sealant or Opti-coat, hehehe...

Don't forget to top it up with Finish Kare 1000p or Colly 845 to make it last 4 or 5 months!

fenderpicks
06-18-2012, 03:28 PM
I always thought glazes can be topped with sealants o.O?

bmwgalore
06-18-2012, 03:32 PM
I always thought glazes can be topped with sealants o.O?

Most sealants (the ones I have used so far) will require a 100% clean and oil free surface, basically you have to do an IPA wipe down so the sealant can bond properly...

If there's a sealant out there that can bond properly to a glazed/filled surface.. I'd buy it by the gallon! HA!

Mc'lovin
06-19-2012, 09:38 AM
CONS: None really.. I have them both and I can't think of any cons. Maybe the only CON would be that it can't be topped up with a Sealant or Opti-coat, hehehe...

Don't forget to top it up with Finish Kare 1000p or Colly 845 to make it last 4 or 5 months!

Hey, thanks for the recommendation!
Regarding your remark about topping it with a sealant - I'm quite sure you can top it with a sealant - PB's recommend it on their website, and I have read some write ups with people stating they used a sealant later and had great results.

Once again - Many thanks for the comment :)

Detail_Dude
06-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Most sealants (the ones I have used so far) will require a 100% clean and oil free surface, basically you have to do an IPA wipe down so the sealant can bond properly...

If there's a sealant out there that can bond properly to a glazed/filled surface.. I'd buy it by the gallon! HA!

I thought you can top a glaze (like PB BH or CG EZ Creme - Acrylic) with a sealant (e.g BFWD) and get the bonding.

swanicyouth
06-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Anyone apply BH as a layer in between waxes??? How did
It work out?

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
06-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Hi all,

I've read great reviews on PB's both White Diamond and Black Hole glazes, and thinking of buying some. However, I am wondering which volume should I purchase.

Do these products belong to the "less is more a little goes a long way" family, or will I need to use a lot of product when applying?

How many mid-sized cars will a 16 oz. bottle be good for?

Thank you!

Just like most of our products it is in the "less is more category" and we suggest you spread it as far as you can go :props: good for you bad for us haha

Just make sure you give it a good few passes into the surface so it gets into those groves on the paint

You should get at least 4-5 cars out of the bottle if not more (machine application with a real soft pad has the tendency to spread it thinner and you will get more cars out of the bottle as apposed to hand application)

You can surely top it with a sealant no bonding issues that we have run into. Works great with our products and everything else everybody has tried lol

Anyone apply BH as a layer in between waxes??? How did
It work out?

You can layer it between layers of wax for the looks (shine gloss reflection etc) but it will not have as much filling capabilities as it would if it was applied to a bare surface. :dblthumb2:

-Chris

Shortspark
06-19-2012, 10:40 AM
I just received an email to my inquiry on this topic from the people at Duragloss. I use both PoorBoy's and Duragloss products and I asked if using the glaze would be a problem for the bonding agent (601) topped with the polish I use (105). They replied that for my new car a glaze may not be necessary and it could interfere with the 601 bonding agent.

I have a bottle of PoorBoy's White Diamond for my brand new Mercedes ML350, which is in their "Diamond White" color. The paint is rock hard and has zero defects as you can imagine. If I put the White Diamond glaze on it, based on the above information I received from Duragloss, I will not follow with the 601/105, but rather with PoorBoy's World EX Sealant with Carnauba. The next time I seal the car I will use Duragloss without the glaze and see how they compare. Actually, I might not need the glaze to begin with because the paint is so new and in such good condition.

Mc'lovin
06-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Just like most of our products it is in the "less is more category" and we suggest you spread it as far as you can go :props: good for you bad for us haha

Just make sure you give it a good few passes into the surface so it gets into those groves on the paint

You should get at least 4-5 cars out of the bottle if not more (machine application with a real soft pad has the tendency to spread it thinner and you will get more cars out of the bottle as apposed to hand application)

Thanks Chris!

swanicyouth
06-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Hey Chris, I don't know if you were at this years Detail Fest, but I was the guy that won the big set of PB products on Sunday. I just wanted to tell you or your partner that they are all going to good use and I have become a PB convert.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
06-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Hey Chris, I don't know if you were at this years Detail Fest, but I was the guy that won the big set of PB products on Sunday. I just wanted to tell you or your partner that they are all going to good use and I have become a PB convert.

Yup young guy was me, old balding guy was my boss :laughing: :D and owner of Poorboy's World

Great to know they are working well for you :dblthumb2: congrats on winning the kit again