PDA

View Full Version : Chemical guys xxx hard core paste wax dust magnet??

Divine Details
06-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Chad@Divine Details

Divine Details
06-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Sorry on my phone hit post on accident. Ive used this wax a few times and love it but it seems to pick up dust like a swiffer. Any one else had this problem and how can I stop it.
Thank

Chad@Divine Details

RMM
06-17-2012, 01:11 PM
I never used CG XXX but try FK 425 afterwards. Its anti-static properties will help.
I don't know if it is available in the States, but Naviwax doesn't have that problem.
Dust is one of the reasons I am more of a sealant guy.

Cman8
06-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Have been wanting to try xxx. Maybe try CG speed wipe as its also anti static and works great. Or even use V7 as a final wipe down

TroyScherer
06-17-2012, 03:39 PM
On the topic of waxes it's not really the wax that is a dust magnet but the oils and other additives that initially attract the dust.

Try washing the vehicle a day after you apply the wax. This will help to removes the oils that attract the dust and leave the carnuba protection to do it thing. This is something I learned from Dr. Nuba. And it works very well.

Conan
06-17-2012, 07:28 PM
It's not a dust magnet for me, and it is very dusty in the Philippines. When I used XXX to top EZ Creme it seemed that this combo did not attract much dust.

snellvilleauto
06-17-2012, 11:28 PM
I just applied the XXX for the first time today, i'll let you know a couple of days :)

DetailedByPrecision
06-18-2012, 01:32 AM
I worked on a mini cooper today and I used DP poli coat and topped it with CG XXX. IMO the wax was really hard from the bottle and it was really hard to remove right after I finished applying it to the whole car. I don't know if it was me or the product. FYI, I did the finger swipe test as well, and boy that wax cured FAST.

habeba86
06-18-2012, 01:38 AM
I worked on a mini cooper today and I used DP poli coat and topped it with CG XXX. IMO the wax was really hard from the bottle and it was really hard to remove right after I finished applying it to the whole car. I don't know if it was me or the product. FYI, I did the finger swipe test as well, and boy that wax cured FAST.

I topped d151 with xxx friday and I thought removal was a breeze. I put it on very light by hand.

Conan
06-18-2012, 05:22 AM
I topped d151 with xxx friday and I thought removal was a breeze. I put it on very light by hand.

Very easy removal for me too and there was hardly any residue on the microfober towel.

Divine Details
06-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanx for the input I'm going to try the cg speed wipe and see how that works for keeping the dust at bay.