PDA

View Full Version : Detailing videos music advice

ExpressDetail
06-16-2012, 11:05 PM
So I made my first few videos a and had some feedback about the music. What would you guys recommend. I figured nothing with words and or to heavy but also to flow with the sped up tempo of the videos.

I was thinking of just using the same song to make it kind of standard from the below video . Let me know what you guys think.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Zu9EG5jDg&feature=plcp]Express Auto Detailing C-Quartz Finest - YouTube[/video]

Dugdug
06-16-2012, 11:58 PM
I think it sounds great.

Paul Mitchell
06-17-2012, 12:10 AM
I like the music and I like the quote "the pressure hitting the car is slightly greater than a fine mist" as people watching the video may think the pressure is actually greater if not informed.

ExpressDetail
06-17-2012, 12:33 AM
I think it sounds great.

I like the music and I like the quote "the pressure hitting the car is slightly greater than a fine mist" as people watching the video may think the pressure is actually greater if not informed.

Thanks for the response guys. Just finished another video of a GT500 when we did a follow up after a c-quartz application. Yes I should probably add that to all my videos. As you can see I am toying with some different things.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf_jRhR_JaY&feature=plcp]Express Auto Detailing 2013 GT 500 C-Quartz - YouTube[/video]

richy
06-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Aren't there copyright rules regarding using music in your videos? I also believe there is some kind of disclaimer but I can't remember it. I've heard YT will pull the vids if you use music that doesn't belong to you.

ExpressDetail
06-17-2012, 02:18 AM
Aren't there copyright rules regarding using music in your videos? I also believe there is some kind of disclaimer but I can't remember it. I've heard YT will pull the vids if you use music that doesn't belong to you.
Not sure of the details but I think youtube has worked something out as you can see the artist now etc on the video. Not sure if it makes a difference but all my songs where purchased and used via iTunes and that maybe how it was synced and is allowing me to use it.

Bunky
06-17-2012, 05:08 AM
Not sure of the details but I think youtube has worked something out as you can see the artist now etc on the video. Not sure if it makes a difference but all my songs where purchased and used via iTunes and that maybe how it was synced and is allowing me to use it.

It is a mystery to me how Youtube polices all this. I think the really let it slide and let copyright owners decide. There is so much that clearly violates copyright laws.

magna_power
06-17-2012, 05:49 AM
Music owners don't really do anything in regards to individuals putting up a video of them riding around on their bike and stick a random song behind it, as no one is profiting from their material.

This, however, is advertising for your business, and you intend to make a profit. I would be careful in terms of what music you choose to put behind it. Having bought it off iTunes means nothing by the way, that certainly doesn't give you the right to use it in an ad.

The owner of the song could potentially chase your business or you for money (if it's a small business/partnership this can get very messy). This probably wont happen and everything will be fine, but as I said, I would be careful.

ExpressDetail
06-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Music owners don't really do anything in regards to individuals putting up a video of them riding around on their bike and stick a random song behind it, as no one is profiting from their material.

This, however, is advertising for your business, and you intend to make a profit. I would be careful in terms of what music you choose to put behind it. Having bought it off iTunes means nothing by the way, that certainly doesn't give you the right to use it in an ad.

The owner of the song could potentially chase your business or you for money (if it's a small business/partnership this can get very messy). This probably wont happen and everything will be fine, but as I said, I would be careful.

I did not say I bought this off iTunes and can do what I please. I do not think someone will go though the trouble to chase me for a detailing video. The music will simply just be removed from the video.

magna_power
06-17-2012, 05:13 PM
I did not say I bought this off iTunes and can do what I please. I do not think someone will go though the trouble to chase me for a detailing video. The music will simply just be removed from the video.

I never said they would, I only said that they could. It's all up to you and I'm sure no one will really care.