PDA

View Full Version : New neighbor in Miami

FullBlastTopDwn
06-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Hi all,

Just want to take a minute to say hi and thanks for this awesome forum! I guess I got the wash and wax bug from my dad. Growing up, I would always be out in the garage "helping" him wash and wax the cars. He always used the Tide soap for washing, and any old towels that my mom didn't want in the bath anymore! :doh: Waxing and buffing was done with my old baby blankets. I can imagine what those old cars must have looked like LMAO But we loved it, they were some good times.

Since then, I have always washed my own cars, but never really got in to waxing or detailing. When I got my MINI in 2007 I found Prima, Mike Phillips, and OctaneGuy on a different forum. I also found out that my dad and I were both clueless all those years ago LOL. But I got lazy, fat, and uninterested in keeping a nice looking car anymore.

Fast forward to today ... I've lost 45 pounds, am happier and have more energy than ever before. I find myself washing my car even if I know it's going to rain any minute now haha I finally applied my own first coat of wax, and I'm looking forward to learning more with all of the knowledge in this awesome community! :righton:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_07081.JPG

dad07
06-16-2012, 07:35 PM
:welcome:

rustytruck
06-16-2012, 07:39 PM
hey welcome aboard.

Flash Gordon
06-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Congrats on pulling your life back together

Welcome

Gary M
06-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Welcome! Like your choice of vehicle! :props:

LuxuryMobile
06-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Welcome

Mike Phillips
06-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

When I got my MINI in 2007 I found Prima, Mike Phillips, and OctaneGuy on a different forum.

Glad to see you found your way to AGO, you'll like it here, it's busy and incredibly helpful...

:)