PDA

View Full Version : Lsp help

atoy
06-16-2012, 07:05 PM
What lsp can protect paint, glass, chrome from water marks? I tried 845, cured for 3 days, Sprayed hard water on the car and let it sit overnight. The next day it was full of water marks. I tried to clean it with onr but the water marks are still there.

Is there a lsp that can protect paint with that kind of situation?

Mobile detail
06-16-2012, 07:56 PM
You purposely let hard water sit on your car? Hmm

Well I don't really think there is anything that can totally prevent waterspots. The best advise is to remove the waterspots and change the situation that causes them. Meaning don't remove the waterspots that are caused by the spinklers only to go and park by the sprinklers again.

Prob your best best would be a semi perminate coating like OptiCoat or Car Pro stuff. I believe the Car Pro stuff does fairly well in sheeting off water and spots.

I don't really know of any wax that will prevent them, maybe a sealant like BF?

Rsurfer
06-16-2012, 07:56 PM
None that I'm aware of. Develop one and you will be a multi millionaire.
What lsp can protect paint, glass, chrome from water marks? I tried 845, cured for 3 days, Sprayed hard water on the car and let it sit overnight. The next day it was full of water marks. I tried to clean it with onr but the water marks are still there.

Is there a lsp that can protect paint with that kind of situation?

Dr Oldz
06-16-2012, 08:18 PM
:iagree: ............or don't spray hard water on your vehicle without using some kind of drying method!

atoy
06-16-2012, 10:10 PM
People here spray water on roads and sometimes you'll get your car wet with hard water. And theres no time to dry it up.

Dr Oldz
06-16-2012, 10:28 PM
People here spray water on roads and sometimes you'll get your car wet with hard water. And theres no time to dry it up.

Ahh ok! Gotcha! Glad I don't have that problem here as people usually water their lawns and not the road in my neck of the woods. :D

atoy
06-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Also some of car wash business here dont have proper drainage. Public road will be flooded with water. About one inch. Roads will always be wet when they operate.

Ted S.
06-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Not much can be done about hard water as already implied in the above posts. If "hard" water gets on any surface, when the water evaporates, it leaves all the "hard" stuff behind, regardless of what it is sitting on.

rwright
06-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Ahh ok! Gotcha! Glad I don't have that problem here as people usually water their lawns and not the road in my neck of the woods. :D

Maybe they are growing potholes?

FUNX650
06-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Also some of car wash business here dont have proper drainage. Public road will be flooded with water. About one inch. Roads will always be wet when they operate.

Excess Effluent!!...Who you gonna call?

Clean Water Act Compliance Monitoring | Compliance Monitoring | US EPA (http://www.epa.gov/compliance/monitoring/programs/cwa/index.html)

Bob

atoy
06-17-2012, 01:55 AM
Excess Effluent!!...Who you gonna call?

Clean Water Act Compliance Monitoring | Compliance Monitoring | US EPA (http://www.epa.gov/compliance/monitoring/programs/cwa/index.html)

Bob

Hi. I live in the philippines

atoy
06-17-2012, 02:05 AM
I saw a post on another forum. Zaino z2 can protect the paint from water spots. And zaino and duragloss are the same. Has anyone tried it?

FUNX650
06-17-2012, 02:13 AM

Bob

Hi. I live in the philippines

OK...Sorry...Nevermind my "EPA advice" :D

Excessive effluent...Coupled with the humidity/annual rain-fall...that's gotta be tough on vehicles. :(

Bob

umi000
06-20-2012, 11:52 PM
Maybe they are growing potholes?

Our roads over here don't really need any help in growing potholes :D Seriously though, I think they do it to lessen the dust that's floating around - they tend to do it at roads near construction sites, where the trucks track in a lot of mud and cement dust.

atoy
06-21-2012, 12:03 AM
Our roads over here don't really need any help in growing potholes :D Seriously though, I think they do it to lessen the dust that's floating around - they tend to do it at roads near construction sites, where the trucks track in a lot of mud and cement dust.

:iagree: