PDA

View Full Version : Megs Polish

Gretsch308
06-16-2012, 05:18 PM
So I need some advice. I'm a noob when it comes to DA's, and I have used polish on 2 vehicles. Using a PC 7356. I don't have any pads yet so I was using the white pad that comes with it. So I apply the polish to the pad, put the pad on the vehicle and turn it on. Usually do a 2x2 foot area at a time. Once done I wipe with an MF. Sometimes I get these areas that look really hazy and takes a lot of elbow grease to remove the product. What am I doing wrong?

texan solstice
06-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Maybe you are over working the product, how many section passes are you doing?

rider9195
06-16-2012, 05:50 PM
It sounds like you are not working the product long enough or using too much product. I know M205 is an oily product and must and can be worked long. But can also be tough to wipe off sometimes.

mwoolfso
06-16-2012, 05:52 PM
How do you prime the pad with polish?

After priming how do you apply the polish to the pad on subsequent passes?

texan solstice
06-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Maybe I was wrong, don't listen to me I'm also a noob haha, I suggested that because it happen to me with the ultimate polish. I haven't used M205 so I can't really help.

rider9195
06-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Maybe I was wrong, don't listen to me I'm also a noob haha, I suggested that because it happen to me with the ultimate polish. I haven't used M205 so I can't really help.

The poster could have over worked the product and caused it to dry up and be tough to remove. Also if he over worked the product the dry pad could have marred the paint.

dan_s2k
06-16-2012, 07:13 PM
I am maybe wrong but your not suppose to put a mf bonnet on the pads that come with a pc ??

dad07
06-16-2012, 07:58 PM
I am maybe wrong but your not suppose to put a mf bonnet on the pads that come with a pc ??

thats the best use for that white pad IMO.

to the op purchase some 5.5 pads ( I like the lc hydro's) and a good 5 inch bp.

What megs polish are you using? Let us know and we can further assist you.

Gretsch308
06-16-2012, 08:01 PM
To prime I applied some polish to the pad and rubbed it in with an MF. When applying to the section, I put an "x" on the pad. Place pad on section. Turn on the PC(speed setting 5), ten do about 3-4 pass alternating directions. Wipe off product.

Gretsch308
06-16-2012, 08:05 PM
It's Ultimate Polish.

dad07
06-16-2012, 08:22 PM
It's Ultimate Polish.

UP is fine polish and very easy to use......I would think your hazing is the pad your using.

invest in some good pads and leave the white pad that came with your pc somewhere else.

Lake Country Hydo-Tech Foam Pads, hydrotech polishing pads, pads for water-based polishes, buffing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/hydro-tech-foam-pads.html) or

Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System, paint polishing system, car polish, car detailing system, compounding system, remove scratches (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-da-microfiber-system.html) are a good start. and usually handle most defects.

M105/M205 are a great combo and megs Ultimate compound and polish will work wonders also.UC and UP are available over the counter and inexspensive which is a plus.

follow all passes with a Ipa wipe down which will ease the removal process of any polish or compound.

then you can move on to waxing,or sealant,or both.

Gretsch308
06-16-2012, 08:54 PM
UP is fine polish and very easy to use......I would think your hazing is the pad your using.

invest in some good pads and leave the white pad that came with your pc somewhere else.

Lake Country Hydo-Tech Foam Pads, hydrotech polishing pads, pads for water-based polishes, buffing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/hydro-tech-foam-pads.html) or

Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System, paint polishing system, car polish, car detailing system, compounding system, remove scratches (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-da-microfiber-system.html) are a good start. and usually handle most defects.

M105/M205 are a great combo and megs Ultimate compound and polish will work wonders also.UC and UP are available over the counter and inexspensive which is a plus.

follow all passes with a Ipa wipe down which will ease the removal process of any polish or compound.

then you can move on to waxing,or sealant,or both.

Thanks! I plan on ordering som pads and backing plates. What percent ipa should be used?

dad07
06-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Thanks! I plan on ordering som pads and backing plates. What percent ipa should be used?

do a search on Mike P's treads about IPA and you will get all the info you need......I do not use ipa that much anymore. I use prep-all made by kleen-strip. Ipa is cheap for starting out so you get the understanding of using paint cleaning standards.

Don't get me wrong ipa is a good tool and also is the search mode here at AGO.

there is a ton of info here about everything.