PDA

View Full Version : Swirl Remover Question

Wasaabi
06-16-2012, 11:22 AM
I just detailed my car a week ago and it looks GREAT, in large part because of this forum. I pretty much learned how to detail by hanging out on here. My problem is I still have tiny little swirls left that didn't come out. Would applying a swirl remover require me to polish and wax it again? Or would I be able to get by just reapplying another coat of wax?

mwoolfso
06-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Depends on the look you want but most of the time you can get the paint ready for an lsp after you apply a finishing polish, which seems to be what is needed base on your description. You didn't mention if you used a sealant so on the chance that you did apply a sealant it would be stripped by the polish as well.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Wasaabi
06-16-2012, 11:56 AM
I did not apply a sealant, sorry for not specifying. Sounds like I need to look around the forum a bit more and figure out what steps I missed. It was my first detail, so I was expecting to miss a few things. Thanks for the help though!

primo spaghetti
06-16-2012, 07:59 PM
I just detailed my car a week ago and it looks GREAT, in large part because of this forum. I pretty much learned how to detail by hanging out on here. My problem is I still have tiny little swirls left that didn't come out. Would applying a swirl remover require me to polish and wax it again? Or would I be able to get by just reapplying another coat of wax?

Depends on the look you want but most of the time you can get the paint ready for an lsp after you apply a finishing polish, which seems to be what is needed base on your description. You didn't mention if you used a sealant so on the chance that you did apply a sealant it would be stripped by the polish as well.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

mwoolfso, i understood from his orignal post said he already polished and waxed.

IMO and if i understand correctly you already polished and waxed, a swirl remover will also remove your wax. you will likely need to repeat the polish (in case you need to polish out any haze from the swirl remover) and will definately need to re-wax or seal after a swirl remover.