PDA

View Full Version : megs all wheel & tire cleaner

PA DETAILER
06-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Meguiars Hot Rims All Wheel & Tire Cleaner, cleaner for factory wheels (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-all-wheel-tire-cleaner.html)

they hit a home run with their new wheel & tire cleaner! :xyxthumbs: had a chance to use it this morning. cleaning ability is fantastic. very foamy. it rivals (if not better) than my usuall eagle 1 or mothers wheel & tire cleaners. if your looking for a AIO wheel & tire cleaner give this a go.

alko
06-16-2012, 10:22 AM
I was just thinking that I need to get pops a good wheel cleaner. Thanks for letting me know...hopefully Advanced has it because I just got my order from AG and wasn't even thinking about it.

WaltJabsco
06-16-2012, 11:04 AM
I picked this up in Alexandria, VA at either Advanced or Pep Boys...can't remember which one. I was impressed with how much dirt it lifted off the tires and wheels. I've only used it once though.

After my ARO arrives I'll compare the two.

Meticulous-Detail
06-19-2012, 04:40 AM
I was thinking of picking this up too, or should I just go with OPC as it is much more versatile?

Meticulous-Detail
06-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Meguiars Hot Rims All Wheel & Tire Cleaner, cleaner for factory wheels (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-all-wheel-tire-cleaner.html)

they hit a home run with their new wheel & tire cleaner! :xyxthumbs: had a chance to use it this morning. cleaning ability is fantastic. very foamy. it rivals (if not better) than my usuall eagle 1 or mothers wheel & tire cleaners. if your looking for a AIO wheel & tire cleaner give this a go.

How does this compare to OPC on tires and wheels? Trying to decide if I should pick up the Megs or use OPC when I get it. thanx

bmwgalore
06-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Better than Wheel Brightener?

RoadRageDetail
06-21-2012, 12:43 PM
I used to LOVE the Hot Rims AWC, found it worked best with clear coated wheels and could be a little harsh on polished, non coated wheels. I usually went through a bottle in two-three cars.

Although it is less aggressive, I consider DP wheel cleaner a better all-around choice, and a bottle lasts a lot longer.

AutowerxDetailing
06-21-2012, 12:53 PM
I used to LOVE the Hot Rims AWC, found it worked best with clear coated wheels and could be a little harsh on polished, non coated wheels. I usually went through a bottle in two-three cars.

Although it is less aggressive, I consider DP wheel cleaner a better all-around choice, and a bottle lasts a lot longer.

I agree, I go through the Meg's AIO wheel/tire cleaner like crazy. I love the foam it generates and how well it cleans the tires though. It's perfect for those clients who do not want any tire shine and prefer a stock black look. And it is wonderful on clear coated wheels. I stocked up on Meg's at a local store that had them on BoGo but when I eventually run out I might try something from DP.

RoadRageDetail
06-21-2012, 12:57 PM
I agree, I go through the Meg's AIO wheel/tire cleaner like crazy. I love the foam it generates and how well it cleans the tires though. It's perfect for those clients who do not want any tire shine and prefer a stock black look. And it is wonderful on clear coated wheels. I stocked up on Meg's at a local store that had them on BoGo but when I eventually run out I might try something from DP.

DP cleaner for the wheels, Purple power on the tires. BAM! :)

BWG707
06-21-2012, 01:11 PM
I just found this today at Walmart for $4.50 on sale. I hope I'm not braking any forum rules, sorry if I am.

Meticulous-Detail
06-22-2012, 12:27 PM
I just found this today at Walmart for $4.50 on sale. I hope I'm not braking any forum rules, sorry if I am.

Just picked up 2 bottles, whoudl have bought more but that was it.

Jmoran
06-29-2012, 11:57 PM
DP cleaner for the wheels, Purple power on the tires. BAM! :)

Purple power?? In my experience it destroys everything I use it on

RoadRageDetail
06-30-2012, 12:29 AM
Purple power?? In my experience it destroys everything I use it on

If you use it straight, then yeah lol. I usually do a 1:5 water dilution in a spray bottle and all the old tire shine lifts and starts bleeding. Not a bad APC for anything other than paint. I don't use it all the time, just when I need something more aggressive that I can dilute to what the job needs. Plus its cheaper than dirt.

Meticulous-Detail
06-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Just picked up 2 bottles, whoudl have bought more but that was it.

Used it today. Stuff is awesome. Cleans tires and wheels very well and foams and clings like crazy.

Shakabruddah808
09-18-2012, 02:40 AM
As long as the overspray doesn't remove my LSP, I think I'll be going with this product. Guess I should purchase a spray bottle and dilute it. What would be a good ratio?

My tires are not that dirty, (yet) and I'd like to keep up with the cleaning so it doesn't turn into a nightmare. Or course that will change come winter time.

My current LSP's: Two layers of BFWD topped with OCW.

A fellow forum member also recommended Zep APC available at the local hardware store. I'll also keep that in mind when I go there to pick-up a spray bottle or two.

Happy Detailing, everyone!

:xyxthumbs: