PDA

View Full Version : wolfgang black diamond tire gel application question

crimsondr
06-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Hi all,

I just purchased a bottle of the wolfgang black diamond tire gel. I've never applied anything to my tires before. I'm wondering how much product I should be using for a single tire? Want to make sure I'm not using too much and wasting product.

Thanks.

rider9195
06-15-2012, 12:46 PM
I apply a bead of tire gel along my tire applicator. Plenty enough to do one tire.

Finemess
06-15-2012, 01:19 PM
I put about a quarter size drop on the foam pad and wipe on. You can always add more if need be.

Silverstone
06-15-2012, 05:20 PM
For the first tire I run a thin bead around the rectangular applicator, not on the edge but close to it, to make sure it's fully loaded. For each other tire I just run a bead down the center. I find this makes it easier because I get fewer dry spots on the rubber that I have to go over again.

However I just recently switched to Forever Black's tire product after five years of various dressings. It makes the tire a satiny black that I have now scrubbed four times with a tire brush and car soap, and it looks about 90% as black as it did when new. I got tired of reapplying tire dressing all the time and I don't really care for glossy rubber.