PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Honda question

curiousgeorge
06-15-2012, 11:55 AM
I have 2012 Honda accord. Performed baggie test and need to clay. I have Wolfgang twins but wonder if they are too aggressive for what I need. Paint has minor water spots but otherwise great shape. Should I just correct with swirl remover and glaze or purchase another product?

alko
06-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Congrats on the Accord!!! I love Honda's!

You're going to read/hear this alot...least aggressive product/pad/method first! Since you have a Honda, you're more than likely going to get marring in the paint after you clay the car. What you have is fine, however the TSR may be alittle too aggressive for what you need. Try using the Finishing Glaze with a white LC pad. Start there and adjust when needed.

rider9195
06-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Congrats on the Accord!!! I love Honda's!

You're going to read/hear this alot...least aggressive product/pad/method first! Since you have a Honda, you're more than likely going to get marring in the paint after you clay the car. What you have is fine, however the TSR may be alittle too aggressive for what you need. Try using the Finishing Glaze with a white LC pad. Start there and adjust when needed.

Alex knows right!!

What sealant or wax are you using?

curiousgeorge
06-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Thx for sealant using bfwd and midnight sun. Will try the sealant with a white pad first

rider9195
06-15-2012, 12:43 PM
When applying a sealant you will want to use a softer pad such as a black, red, or blue pad. The white pad you can use with the Finishing Glaze to eliminate water spots, light swirls, and haze.

duck_commander
06-15-2012, 02:26 PM
i just did my father's 2012 accord a few weeks ago...

washed
clayed with meg's clay kit
polished with Opti Hyper Polish with LC white flat foam pad
Eraser wipe down
Sealed with O-C

Paint looked like glass when i was finished. Polishing was done with a PC DA.