PDA

View Full Version : IT IS TIME! Opprtunities, questions, and investment-list inside...

Pages : [1] 2

Ohio Detailing
06-15-2012, 12:04 AM
TODAY, IT BECAME OFFICIAL!

:dblthumb2:

I was offered a full time position at a prestigious auto performance and tuning/dyno-testing facility by the managing/founding partners after showcasing my workmanship and final product turnarounds over the past few weeks for their review and consideration. It is the most exciting career development of my life, by a light year.

SHORT VERSION:

My start date, full time, as the detail bay manager and director is August 2012... so what I'm looking for is to open up this thread to an ongoing conversation about what items will be needed to expand upon my arsenal of chemicals and machines to be ready upon my first-shift to properly pamper and care for everything from Bentleys and Lamborghinis etc that are the usual assortment of clients?

Please share your thoughts with everything from product names, amounts, steamers, etc.

Part two of my question, is some advice on what FLEX 3401 package to purchase, and also suggesting other/additional pads and accessories if need be.

I will be attending Mike's Boot Camp Detailing Academy in Florida hopefully as well to continue to invest in my skill-set and prowess as a dedicated high-line detailer.

Thanks for any and all thoughts and guidance!
Im the MAN

tommythecat
06-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Congrats!!!:dblthumb2:

ExpressDetail
06-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Congrats on your new position. How will this effect your current client base?

Ohio Detailing
06-15-2012, 12:38 AM
Congrats!!!:dblthumb2:

Congrats on your new position. How will this effect your current client base?

Thanks SO MUCH guys! This will not affect the current client base whatsoever, I will be a 1099'd Independent Contractor basically, but will be using their location and their wide-reaching influence across the car community to further build a loyal following.

Please share any ideas you have on what is absolutely a necessity to purchase, or purchase 10 of as I plan ahead preparing for the Fall when everything comes to fruition. THANKS! :)

RoadRageDetail
06-15-2012, 12:38 AM
Congrats!

Can't answer #1, don't know what you already have, but it seems to be enough to secure a badass job title! I, for one, would load up on tons of microfibers and APC's, double up on wash mitts, brushes, pads, etc. It will now be a necessity to be ready to tackle two cars at once.

The Flex w/ Menzerna ultimate shine kit (3 pads, IP, FF & Glaze) rox my sox off. But I would also add to that order the pink foam pad LC has replaced the coarse green with and SIP. The package by itself doesn't do much to remove hard swirls or deeper scratches.

Again, congrats and keep rocking!

Dugdug
06-15-2012, 12:50 AM
wow congrats!

Ohio Detailing
06-15-2012, 12:57 AM
Congrats!

Can't answer #1, don't know what you already have, but it seems to be enough to secure a badass job title! I, for one, would load up on tons of microfibers and APC's, double up on wash mitts, brushes, pads, etc. It will now be a necessity to be ready to tackle two cars at once.

The Flex w/ Menzerna ultimate shine kit (3 pads, IP, FF & Glaze) rox my sox off. But I would also add to that order the pink foam pad LC has replaced the coarse green with and SIP. The package by itself doesn't do much to remove hard swirls or deeper scratches.

Again, congrats and keep rocking!

Great advice, absolutely awesome. Just to be clear, the new career and title came after a lot of time and labor invested, as well as the equally exhaustive task of selling myself over and above washing and waxing (people skills, sales ability, eagerness to invest into ongoing education like traveling to Florida this fall for Mike's bootcamp at Auto Geek, and my passion for this pursuit over and above viewing it as just another job).

What APC do you recommend, and also EXCELLENT advice on the other items, VERY HELPFUL! There will be other detailers there.

wow congrats!

Thank you so MUCH!

RoadRageDetail
06-15-2012, 01:21 AM
Check out Megs D103 for an APC.

I've formed a concrete bond with a performance shop that refuses to have anything cleaned by anyone else. Even when I was off the map for a year, everything they had was waiting for me when I got back. Its an awesome feeling for a place like that to keep you busy and surrounded by fantastic cars, and don't mind you taking up some room in the shop when you need to bring a car in for yourself. Got my first look at a ZL-1 today when I was bringing in a Zo6 for some paint lovin'. Don't know where I was going with that, but I share your excitement :)

rider9195
06-15-2012, 03:02 AM
I would learn how to use a rotary. I remember seeing some people who worked on Lamborghinis say that almost nothing would cut through it. So a rotary was a must. Plus if you are doing major correction a rotary followed by a DA would be the fastest.

bl3ujay07
06-15-2012, 03:14 AM
congrads!! I wouldn't mind working with bentleys, lambos, and the likes!

dwlinc23
06-15-2012, 04:08 AM
Holy hopscotch! That's awesome. From one Ohioan to another, congrats, and send some of that mojo to Cincy!

TimmyG
06-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Congrats on the new position.

Does the new job require use of your own personal buffers and products?

D_Nyholm
06-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Congrats!
For some recommendations, list what you currently use and what you are looking to replace and we can give you some ideas.

rddmxmeth10
06-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Congrats! And I have read alot of your posts, so don't take this the wrong way...but for a big guy you seem really nice/sincere. Good to see good things happening to good people!

ray6
06-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Congrats on your new opportunity. Will you be doing any headlight restoration?
ray6