PDA

View Full Version : First detail, help!!

Pages : [1] 2

CWallace
06-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Okay guys, did an interior/exterior detail on my sisters Eqinox yesterday (wash, clay and single step of duragloss 101 w/ pc7424xp) removed 90% of the stains on seats and carpet but was disappointed that i couldn't get them all out, they were just too neglected.. Anyway, she was amazed with the results, it made my day! So she drove to work today and showed her co-workers.. they had seen the before stains and were also impressed with the result. So now they want their cars done...

HDDetail
06-14-2012, 11:59 PM
so what are you needing help on? Hot water extractor for stain?

CWallace
06-15-2012, 12:34 AM
so what are you needing help on? Hot water extractor for stain?

Sorry, i timed out trying to finish the post.. Basically, her coworker has 99 BMW 2 door convertible, moderate swirls and imperfections.. I didn't price any paint correction, but being my first real customer i want to make her paint look the best i can without correction.. I have some Megs Cleaner Wax and Ultimate Liquid left over (pre autogeek days) that i had planned on using.. But i would like something to maybe fill some swirls and make the paint pop! i'm willing to purchase more products but would like to keep it a maximum of 2 quick steps since that what the price warrants if that! Like u guys say, most people just want shiny paint and glossy tires, but i want more!!!

Dugdug
06-15-2012, 12:44 AM
sunscribed

CWallace
06-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Sorry for the terrible post guys... after some research i think i may have found an answer. i'm thinking i may go with either the DG 501 or the XMT 360 AIO for a fairly quick app with good results.. any opinions?

Dugdug
06-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Bump, I think what you're asking for is for a product that hides swirls without polishing?

Bill1234
06-15-2012, 09:16 PM
It happens every time. Once some non car person shows other non car people, it grows to multiple people wanting their own cars detailed

0GTP4
06-15-2012, 09:29 PM
I have that all the time. I did the girlfriends parents car and now all their friends want their cars done. It's amazing how people get excited after seeing a clean car.

Sent to you using TAPATALK

CWallace
06-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Bump, I think what you're asking for is for a product that hides swirls without polishing?

Dugdug, u r exactly right.. just poor choice of wording on my part. do u think XMT 360 will fit the bill or do u know??? I read somewhere that a detailer is using it with good results in one or two passes???

i do have a back up plan... i live in Knoxville and was thinking of giving Mike and the gang a visit at the Subway show in the morning and asking them!!!!

Dugdug
06-16-2012, 12:43 AM
I have no idea. But that's why I subscribed to this thread. To see some answers lol I'm surprised to see that nobody has commented

Vegas Transplant
06-16-2012, 12:59 AM
IME, no.
360 ( light swirl remover) will only remove minor imperfections. Leaving behind those that a more aggressive product would remove.

primo spaghetti
06-16-2012, 07:38 PM
a glaze will fill and hide minor swirls and imperfections to create a smooth, flawless-looking finish faster. For daily drivers, a finishing glaze is a great way to maintain a showroom shine on a busy schedule.

in order to properly correct the swirls, a proper swirl remover or polish will be needed. I've used the wolfgang line and have been pretty happy with it, and also tried the Klasse AIO. while the Klasse left a great finish, it really need a more aggresive polish to correct the defects on the BMW i used it on. I think if i was going to go with an AIO again i would look to the Duragloss 105 or the Menzerna PF2500 (PO203).

CWallace
06-16-2012, 10:36 PM
a glaze will fill and hide minor swirls and imperfections to create a smooth, flawless-looking finish faster. For daily drivers, a finishing glaze is a great way to maintain a showroom shine on a busy schedule.

in order to properly correct the swirls, a proper swirl remover or polish will be needed. I've used the wolfgang line and have been pretty happy with it, and also tried the Klasse AIO. while the Klasse left a great finish, it really need a more aggresive polish to correct the defects on the BMW i used it on. I think if i was going to go with an AIO again i would look to the Duragloss 105 or the Menzerna PF2500 (PO203).

so do u apply the glaze immediately after clay and then your LSP??? I too have the wolfgang line, i just am not getting paid enough to do a paint correction. I just want to have a little more wow factor than a simple waxing or sealant will provide!!! And i have no experience with any glaze other than the wolfgang finishing glaze and i'm not sure if that is the same type of glaze as Blackhole and similar products!

ExoticAutoDetai
06-17-2012, 01:17 AM
I also stand with the Glaze advise, is mostly used to hide paint imperfections. This method is mostly use in car dealerships for a fast turnaround on a quick car selling point or perhaps to close in a sale. The glaze method is a quick way turnaround, I believe you could also finish it with a coat of wax or you could also leave out the wax I am assuming the glaze alone would do well.

BUT I believe over the time the glaze would wear off and the imperfections would start to show up. So finishing with a coat of wax could give the glaze a longer last.

primo spaghetti
06-17-2012, 06:12 AM
yes glaze after clay. consider topping with a non cleaning sealant if you want durability on top of the glaze. as ExoticAutoDetai stated, glaze will wear off. it is a temporary fix, but once glazed the appearance will be that off a three step paint correction.

if you are looking at a time is money thing (as we all do), explain glaze then up sell the better package. IMO, if it is a daily driver and they are using car washes and washing at home with dishsoap and old t-shirts, then the glaze will be fine. they will ruin the proper correction in the same time that the glaze will likely begin showing imperfections.