PDA

View Full Version : For you Tech Guys *New Verizon Plan*

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mazda.Mark
06-14-2012, 01:05 PM
What are your thoughts on the new plan?
Verizon unveils new 'Share Everything' plan: Details customers should know | abc7.com (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/consumer/recalls&id=8698569)

I am up for renew on June 30th. 3 days after new plan starts. I have a smartphone (blackberry awful) and wife has iPhone 4.

We are on the unlimited data plan still and if we want to keep it when I renew, I have to pay the retail price if I want a new phone! ($650 if iPhone!) We do not use more than 4gb total between us.

I have a friend who works at Verizon who can upgrade me before that date with about any phone BUT iPhone. Should I grab the new Samsung galaxy 3 for the discounted price and keep unlimited?

I really want the iphone 5 BUT not for 650 bucks and less data right?!

Thoughts please!

Feed back please

jdscooby
06-14-2012, 01:24 PM
What are your thoughts on the new plan?
Verizon unveils new 'Share Everything' plan: Details customers should know | abc7.com (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/consumer/recalls&id=8698569)

I am up for renew on June 30th. 3 days after new plan starts. I have a smartphone (blackberry awful) and wife has iPhone 4.

We are on the unlimited data plan still and if we want to keep it when I renew, I have to pay the retail price if I want a new phone! ($650 if iPhone!) We do not use more than 4gb total between us.

I have a friend who works at Verizon who can upgrade me before that date with about any phone BUT iPhone. Should I grab the new Samsung galaxy 3 for the discounted price and keep unlimited?

I really want the iphone 5 BUT not for 650 bucks and less data right?!

Thoughts please!

Feed back please

You should not have to pay full price for the phone when you renew. I have one of the old unlimited plans "grandfathered" and have never had to pay full price for the phone as long as you reuped the contract for 2 years. Unless they made a change in there policy. I would investigate a little more. I too had a BB with unlimited data and when I switched to a Droid the plan rolled over

Mazda.Mark
06-14-2012, 01:26 PM
You should not have to pay full price for the phone when you renew. I have one of the old unlimited plans "grandfathered" and have never had to pay full price for the phone as long as you reuped the contract for 2 years. Unless they made a change in there policy. I would investigate a little more. I too had a BB with unlimited data and when I switched to a Droid the plan rolled over

They did just make that change. Even grandfathered unlimited people are done.

No more truly unlimited data unless you keep your phone or buy unlocked phones off ebay or whatever.

Nice loyalty program right?:nomore:

CleanGene
06-14-2012, 01:29 PM

The next time you upgrade, you'll be forced to drop your grandfathered plan if you want the new phone at the discounted price.

jdscooby
06-14-2012, 01:30 PM
The next time you upgrade, you'll be forced to drop your grandfathered plan if you want the new phone at the discounted price.

Well, may have to consider changing carriers then

CleanGene
06-14-2012, 01:31 PM
How about Verizon's new $30 charge to upgrade your phone even once your contract expires. SMH

CleanGene
06-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Well, may have to consider changing cariers then

The only one of the three major carriers that hasn't yet announced plans to get rid of unlimited data is Sprint.

Mazda.Mark
06-14-2012, 01:35 PM
How about Verizon's new $30 charge to upgrade your phone even once your contract expires. SMH

Sources say your account will show a $30 credit towards a new phone to balance it out. But its total garbage they instituted that too!

Mazda.Mark
06-14-2012, 01:36 PM
The only one of the three major carriers that hasn't yet announced plans to get rid of unlimited data is Sprint.

And Sprint is awful in my location, also the wife is on a different renewal track until March next year

CleanGene
06-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Sources say your account will show a $30 credit towards a new phone to balance it out. But its total garbage they instituted that too!

Wonder how long that will last. Makes no sense to charge a new fee only to credit it back. That's dumb.

Mazda.Mark
06-14-2012, 01:40 PM
new fee is for renewal and credit is for phone. you would think they would just make it the same but they want to charge those who just want to keep their phone and renew.

Cue Ted "the Million Dollar Man" DeBiase

alko
06-14-2012, 01:41 PM

Yep read that too...thats why I ain't ever upgrading LMAO!!!!! Good thing I got this iPhone 4S.

CleanGene
06-14-2012, 01:47 PM
new fee is for renewal and credit is for phone. you would think they would just make it the same but they want to charge those who just want to keep their phone and renew.

Cue Ted "the Million Dollar Man" DeBiase

Okay, maybe I'm missing something here. Who would want to renew their contract without getting a new phone? Why not just keep paying month-to-month with your old phone?

Mazda.Mark
06-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Okay, maybe I'm missing something here. Who would want to renew their contract without getting a new phone? Why not just keep paying month-to-month with your old phone?

All the people who want the latest and greatest! Try telling the 13-29 cohort just keep your old phone lol.

RZJZA80
06-14-2012, 02:43 PM
everyone will eventually get screwed over, regardless of the company you are with. They make you addicted to using data with your phone, and of course they can do whatever they want (as long as the big three all do it together).