PDA

View Full Version : Need help with steamer purchase

Link
06-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Pretty much a newbe but have been in the market to purchase a steamer to detail my vehicles. Wife says no price range as long as I can complete her honeydo list around the house such as the carpets , tile floor in the kitchen etc. I have narrowed my search to a few steamers on the market. I'm looking for feedback as to how well my picks are. If you have used these particular brands please respond. My list consists of Vapor Chief Desiderio (I realize this is an extractor also), Vx 5000, Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner. If anyone knows of any other products I'm open to suggestions. Looking to order by this weekend. Thanks for all the help and advice that I have received so far on this forum

Robert8194
06-13-2012, 09:08 PM
If the budget will handle the Dupray, it is a great machine. I have the VX5000 and the Dupray. They both do the job but I really like the continuous aspect of the Dupray. And the power of the Dupray is considerable higher.

Mobile detail
06-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Get continous if price isn't a factor. I have the VX5000 and I like it a lot. The only downside is it uses a lot of water and I have to refill it at least 2 times when detailing. They other thing that I don't like is it leaves a lot of "wet" steam. I was torn between the VX and the Diamer VC. I didn't really get much feed back for the VC, but I would give it a try.

They all seem to be about the same at that price point. If you can afford it I would go with a Dupray. Thats kinda in a league of its own. The VX is great but...

daveinsweethome
06-13-2012, 10:17 PM
got a dupray and it works great. the added feature of water is nice for really messed up carpets with stains and even engine cleaning.