PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Advance Finishing Polish vs ...

hoyt66
06-13-2012, 06:38 PM
I used Pinn adv fin polish on my new car after washing and claying. Topped it with some

Fuzion and have imo a really deep look to the paint. If I wanted to clay and re polish what

would you recommend? Just looking for the next level of gloss. I searched and read quite a bit

but I'm looking for some opinions. Thanks

flyinion
06-13-2012, 06:44 PM
I used Pinn adv fin polish on my new car after washing and claying. Topped it with some

Fuzion and have imo a really deep look to the paint. If I wanted to clay and re polish what

would you recommend? Just looking for the next level of gloss. I searched and read quite a bit

but I'm looking for some opinions. Thanks

Sealant topped with fuzion, like the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant for instance. From what I've read, sealers are better at the glossy candyshell look while the carnaubas are better at the deep warm glow & wet paint look.

I can say that after using the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze (really a polish like the Pinnacle, not a glaze) and then doing a coat of DGPS followed by two coats of Pinnacle SS II wax, my Jeep looked amazing. Polishing really brought out the clarity (and the vehicle was built just this last January) and the metallic flake. The LSP's just added to the gloss and depth.

rider9195
06-13-2012, 07:12 PM
:iagree:

Nailed it!

hoyt66
06-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Sealant topped with fuzion, like the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant for instance. From what I've read, sealers are better at the glossy candyshell look while the carnaubas are better at the deep warm glow & wet paint look.

I can say that after using the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze (really a polish like the Pinnacle, not a glaze) and then doing a coat of DGPS followed by two coats of Pinnacle SS II wax, my Jeep looked amazing. Polishing really brought out the clarity (and the vehicle was built just this last January) and the metallic flake. The LSP's just added to the gloss and depth.

Nice. I have WGDGS. :dblthumb2:

hoyt66
06-17-2012, 06:37 AM
I just finished this little project. This weekend I washed w/dawn soap twice, clayed, PCL, Wgdpg. I was really not sure at this point how or if I like the gloss level. This morning I topped w/ Fuzion

and BAM!! There it is. My car color is Bright Silver Metallic. I had no sealant w/just a few coats of Fuzion prior to this. It looks to have more gloss but maybe I want to see that result for all my

hard work,,,Not sure. Either way the paint is protected!:xyxthumbs: Thank you for the suggestion Flyinion

flyinion
06-18-2012, 11:44 AM
I just finished this little project. This weekend I washed w/dawn soap twice, clayed, PCL, Wgdpg. I was really not sure at this point how or if I like the gloss level. This morning I topped w/ Fuzion

and BAM!! There it is. My car color is Bright Silver Metallic. I had no sealant w/just a few coats of Fuzion prior to this. It looks to have more gloss but maybe I want to see that result for all my

hard work,,,Not sure. Either way the paint is protected!:xyxthumbs: Thank you for the suggestion Flyinion

Yeah silver is really hard to tell on. That's one of the things I hated about the Z I had. When I bought it I was like "oh yeah I want silver that's a nice classic color". Then when it came time to polish it and all that it became "oh, man this color sucks for making it look good".

hoyt66
06-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Yeah silver is really hard to tell on. That's one of the things I hated about the Z I had. When I bought it I was like "oh yeah I want silver that's a nice classic color". Then when it came time to polish it and all that it became "oh, man this color sucks for making it look good".

Lol true. I think I have it as glossy as I can get it. With the sun at my back the hood looks like a mirror! Driving into the sun...not so much