PDA

View Full Version : AIO by hand and should I stick to the same "family"?

Bostonbull
06-13-2012, 06:46 AM
2 part post.............

Looking for the best cleaner that will be the most effective by hand. Honda paint if it matters

Should I be sticking to one "family" or brand of products so the polymers/chemicals bond better, or does it not matter?

truckbutt
06-13-2012, 07:23 AM
1. Search AIO or All in One above. It's been posted to death.
2. It depends who you ask.

Klasse Act
06-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Yeah, what Butt said and there's nothing wrong with using products that work with each other, say Klasse twins or Black Fire products, everyone has products that work off of each other. With you having a Honda, well, the paint is soft and will need attention over time and if your using it by hand you might wanna give that paint some love about once a month to stay ontop of it, after that, well, you'll need a RO to bring it back.

Bostonbull
06-13-2012, 09:32 AM
I should say I am less concerned with the AIO for its all in one benefits, I am MOST interested in the cleaning properties of the AIO.

Maybe that helps?

rider9195
06-13-2012, 09:34 AM
As Scott mentioned this topic has been posted many times. Do a quick search and you'll find many suggestions.

truckbutt
06-13-2012, 09:50 AM
One Search (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/search.php?searchid=2754910) turned up ten pages of threads on this topic. Just sayin. :dunno:

Bostonbull
06-13-2012, 10:22 AM
One Search (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/search.php?searchid=2754910) turned up ten pages of threads on this topic. Just sayin. :dunno:

Not to be a ####, but your 10 pages turned up almost nothing on applying by hand, just machine use.

Is there a difference when working with paint cleaners/AIO, machine vs. hand? i have to think there is?

truckbutt
06-13-2012, 10:43 AM
One Search (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/search.php?searchid=2755038) turned up................................................ ....................

Waxmax
06-13-2012, 10:46 AM
I often use an MF pad by hand with KAIO and it works fine to clean the paint.

truckbutt
06-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Just sayin.

bobble
06-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Since you are doing this by hand you might want to research Pinnacle Paintwork Cleanser as that was originally marketed for use by hand.
IMO the main reason behind machine applying a cleanser is to make sure it is evenly and thoroughly worked into the paint surface. Not so easy to do by hand but possible.

Bostonbull
06-13-2012, 12:07 PM
I do have an old Black and Decker "buffmaster" but I am not too anxious to go out to practice on a brand new car.......ill leave messing it up to an old beater someday.

For now I have 2 really good hands!

kline39
06-13-2012, 01:46 PM
I also do all my work by hand, as I dont have a DA or the means to use one. Megs ultimate Compound and Ultimate polish make a definate difference. But your asking for an AIO. Last night I did my car with Megs mirror glaze line #6 cleaner wax. the car is still swirl city, but it did noticably clean it up and did a decent job for an AIO.

Bostonbull
06-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Doesn't have to be an AIO, it could be a straight cleaner. Ill do a sealant and wax on top of that after the cleaner.

Just want something that isnt a nightmare to apply and wipe off by hand.