PDA

View Full Version : Can glazes be layered?

Ohio Detailing
06-13-2012, 01:49 AM
Amigos!

I am a glazer... I just like the smooth uniform warmth they offer, especially when paint correction isn't quite needed, requested, paid for etc, it still offers an awesome "make up" effect, although temporary, that really adds some flawlessness to the paint.

My question is: My gallon-each of Poorboy's Black Hole and White Diamond will be here tomorrow according to Auto Geek's UPS notifications on my Father's Day order.

I'm curious if I can, or should, layer these glazes for maximum effect and hiding of swirls and imperfections?
Will two, three, or four hand-applied coats make a difference
Should these products be applied liberally or thinly with each coat?

Thanks so much :)

A-train
06-13-2012, 02:46 AM
I've only used Black Hole. I tried layering coats but I couldn't see any difference at all. I didn't go too heavy but It wasn't thin either. I could see a little difference when I layered CG Blacklight though.

SIXTY3
06-13-2012, 03:03 AM
Havent had a lot of experience with Poorboys but I have layered CG Blacklight and don't notice a huge difference in hiding swirls/imperfections on black paint but I think the gloss improves.
In saying the above it doesn't stop me from applying a coat of Blacklight and V7 after every wash each week.

faulksy
06-13-2012, 03:37 AM
I layered backlight the first time I used it. In future ill just apply one layer. I didn't notice enough to justify the extra time needed.

In saying the above it doesn't stop me from applying a coat of Blacklight and V7 after every wash each week.
How often you wash? I could never be bothered do it after ever wash. Every month yes.

silverfox
06-13-2012, 04:32 AM
Yes. Wet glaze 2.0 can be layered until your hands drop off. Does not wash off like other glazes. It's the best glaze I've used and I am a glazer as well. Google it.

swanicyouth
06-13-2012, 06:31 AM
I tried layering Black Hole and did notice a improvement on the second application in covering up a scratch. I guess it's like touch up paint. Several light coats is better than one heavy coat. Anything more than 2 or 3 is probably just a waste.

BWG707
06-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Yes. Wet glaze 2.0 can be layered until your hands drop off. Does not wash off like other glazes. It's the best glaze I've used and I am a glazer as well. Google it.

I agee. 2.0 is a great product. It actually says that 3 layers make it really pop but that could just be there way of making you use more product so you have to buy more. I've tried 3 layers and didn't notice much difference. I typically apply 2.

Waxmax
06-13-2012, 10:44 AM
I too sometimes layer Wet Glaze2.0, but don't see much difference. The PB glazes contain mild cleaners (per bottle label), so layering may not do anything.

HotRodJoe
06-13-2012, 11:05 AM
My experience with PBBH is that one coat does 90% of what you need...another coat may give you 10% improvement (these are not scientific numbers, just an attempt to give my impressions numerically).

I just got some Wet Glaze 2.0 and used on my black batwing air cleaner (painted base coat / clear coat) and layered it 3 coats and noticed improvements each time. Only thing I wasn't sure about is that it appeared to attract dust compared to the rest of my car, which just has BFWD? Any experience with wet glaze and dust?

swanicyouth
06-13-2012, 03:20 PM
The question I can never seem to get an answer for about BH is
If it also acts as a paint cleaner. I know the label reads "it cleans swirls", but will it remove an LSP under it. I'm saying, if you want to use BH, do you HAVE TO strip off your old LSP, or will the application
of BH do that itself???

Ohio Detailing
06-13-2012, 03:26 PM
THANKS EVERYONE!

Wet Glaze 2.0, sound excellent, I'll look into it, thanks. I wonder why Auto Geek doesn't sell it?

I tried layering Black Hole and did notice a improvement on the second application in covering up a scratch. I guess it's like touch up paint. Several light coats is better than one heavy coat. Anything more than 2 or 3 is probably just a waste.

Thanks a lot, great help. I will only do one coat.

I agee. 2.0 is a great product. It actually says that 3 layers make it really pop but that could just be there way of making you use more product so you have to buy more. I've tried 3 layers and didn't notice much difference. I typically apply 2.

Wow, Wt Glaze 2.0 is getting some love! I'm going to have to look into it for sure... to bad I have an entire gallon of both Black Hole and White Diamond, haha.

I too sometimes layer Wet Glaze2.0, but don't see much difference. The PB glazes contain mild cleaners (per bottle label), so layering may not do anything.

Oh, I didn't know that about the Poor Boy's Black Hole/White Diamond... shucks, I wanted a pure concealing glaze, with no cleaners. Hmmmm, perhaps I should have asked this BEFORE ordering, but I hear Black Hole/White Diamond were the best.

Is Wet Glaze 2.0 ideal on both light and dark vehicles?

My experience with PBBH is that one coat does 90% of what you need...another coat may give you 10% improvement (these are not scientific numbers, just an attempt to give my impressions numerically).

I just got some Wet Glaze 2.0 and used on my black batwing air cleaner (painted base coat / clear coat) and layered it 3 coats and noticed improvements each time. Only thing I wasn't sure about is that it appeared to attract dust compared to the rest of my car, which just has BFWD? Any experience with wet glaze and dust?

Curse you Wet Glaze 2.0... now I have another product to buy!