PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a different Pad Kit?

rdfkentucky
06-12-2012, 08:19 PM
I ordered the 6.5" flat Pads, Yellow, Orange, White, Black, Blue, and the CSC Fine Green pad. From my reading here it is suggest to use the 5.5" Pads. Would I be better off to get the smaller pads and would you suggest a different pad instead of the flat one's.

Rick

The Pad Man
06-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Its all personal preference.

NickZ28
06-12-2012, 09:30 PM
If you are using a DA, I would definitely go with the 5.5" pads. They work so much better than the larger 6.5". I know, cuz I have been were you are, and I have acheived much better results using the 5.5" with my PC 7424.

washnwax
06-12-2012, 09:32 PM
I ordered the 6.5" flat Pads, Yellow, Orange, White, Black, Blue, and the CSC Fine Green pad. From my reading here it is suggest to use the 5.5" Pads. Would I be better off to get the smaller pads and would you suggest a different pad instead of the flat one's.

Rick

Rick - what machine are you planning on using with this? The PC 7424XP works better with the 5.5" pads. I'm actually looking to upgrade to the Flex 3401, which due to its forced rotation will work great with the 6.5" pads. That said, I'll need to swap out several unused 5.5' white / orange (still in wraps) LC CCS pads for 6.5' pads to cut down on time. PM me if you want to arrange a potential swap.

washnwax
06-12-2012, 09:35 PM
If you are using a DA, I would definitely go with the 5.5" pads. They work so much better than the larger 6.5". I know, cuz I have been were you are, and I have acheived much better results using the 5.5" with my PC 7424.

Agree and my prior reply was based on my own personal experience with using both 6.5" and 5.5" and the PC 7424XP. 5.5s work worlds better (with the PC) because they are thinner and they don't cause the PC to stop spinning as much.

swanicyouth
06-12-2012, 09:39 PM
5.5" pads are really the best for a PC like device. That being said, you can get results with the larger pads, it's just more difficult. It comes down to experience and technique. If your new to machine polishing I would recommend the smaller pads. However, if you only have light scratching and already ordered the larger pads, you may get away with it. Which pad? It doesn't really matter. You can get good results with all of them. If your new, I would stick with foam pads, as microfiber pads can remove a lot of clear coat, they are a bit more aggressive. I would only go with MF pads if your finish needs a lot of correction. A lot of people like the Hydrotech LC pads, there is only 3 pads (compounding, polishing, and finishing) because the give great results and don't absorb a lot of product. I think flat pads are the least expensive. They are also good, and would be great to start out with. There are CCS / Smart Pads. They hold product on the surface with little foam pockets. Honestly, I would buy whatever foam pads you can get the best deal on. As long as you use them correctly with the correct polishes it's not going to affect your results.