PDA

View Full Version : Do you let your dealer wash the car either upon delivery or service?

Sealant
06-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Do you let your dealer wash the car either upon delivery or service?

duck_commander
06-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Well, i did not become an Autogeek until i had my brand new truck for about a month... So yes, the dealer had already washed the truck a few times... a black swirled mess... the dealer is now told i do not want my truck washed... and i hang a "please do not wash me" sign from the rear view mirror when i drop it off.

mleun481
06-12-2012, 09:53 AM
I picked up a new car from the dealer recently and gave strict instructions not to wash it. I told him to just fill up the gas tank and give me the keys and if its still wrapped in plastic, even better. He was like 'you don't want us to prep it at all?' haha

Meticulous-Detail
06-12-2012, 09:54 AM
No way, but the last time they washed after I told em not too. Thanx for the sign idea.

NickZ28
06-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Absolutely NOT!!!!

mjlinane
06-12-2012, 10:57 AM
I hang a large DO NOT WASH // NO LAVAR EL CARRO sign from my mirror.

Ray@Autogeek
06-12-2012, 11:02 AM
No way, but the last time they washed after I told em not too. Thanx for the sign idea.

+1 Same has happened to me. I told them no wash, then pick up my car and it looks like they used salad dressing on my tires :mad: . Amazing how many communication errors happen at car dealerships.

Great idea with the sign! I'll use one next time.

TheCougarGuy
06-12-2012, 11:05 AM
I took my truck in for a recall and oil change. The service write-up said they usually wash vehicles but he said mine looked better than some of the vehicles they deliver which as we know isn't hard to do.

wgilles
06-12-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't let them wash it. I like the sign idea, I'm going to start doing that

nrsk4u
06-12-2012, 11:25 AM
NEITHER! :nomore:

flyinion
06-12-2012, 01:14 PM
I used to because I didn't know any better. This last time I bought, I was ordering from the factory so I knew I could get it without it being touched and I let the salesguy know up front to please not wash it. He thought/thinks I'm a little weird for that but I happily drove my Jeep home covered in dust from the train trip from Ohio to CA :) I won't have to worry about them washing it after service either for a few months, I took the hard top off last weekend. If they wash it, there's going to be a LOT more than a few swirls to worry about.

rider9195
06-12-2012, 02:10 PM
My dad had to bring his Corvette in to get updated. I made a sign that said, "Please do NOT wash. Thank You." When he pulled it in the shop, one guy said "you don't even need the car washed it's clean." Meanwhile it was pretty dusty. Lol. Can't take any chances. When I brought my car in once they ran it through the automatic car wash, I didn't know what to do.

Anyways I tell all my relatives and friends who are getting new or even used cars to let the dealer know not to wash it.

Robert8194
06-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Not a chance.