PDA

View Full Version : Review: Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds

klumzypinoy
03-30-2007, 04:11 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/561/medium/IMG_0576.JPG

First thing to note about this soap, it smells really good. I first thought of mangoes. Some say it smells like apples, which I did notice as well. The package is transparent, labeling isn't fancy (It's Poorboy's World :D), and the instructions are straight forward (not leaving you clueless).

I put 3 gallons in the wash bucket and mixed 1 oz of shampoo, then did a little jet spray into the solution until foam came out the top of the bucket. Boy, did it create lots of nice foam, which lasted the whole wash. 1 oz in 3 gallons worked really well for me. Manufacture recommends 1 oz for 2 gallons. The car just had light dust, so I can't really rate its cleaning ability for any heavy dirt. It's also really slick and made my Shmitt glide over the paint. I will be continuing to buy this shampoo, unless I'm tight in money, then I'll go for the DuraGloss 901. This is my favorite shampoo now, unless I find a better one :D .

Pros: Smell, Slickness, Concentration (1 oz for 3 gallons is really nice :))

Cons: I keep sniffing this stuff :( .

I'm planning to do a review of DP's Gel Wheel Cleaner on my rims, since they have really nice caked on brake dust that I have never been able to remove with any auto shampoo (Today's wash was on my friend's car).

sparkie
03-30-2007, 04:35 AM
Sweet review! You said it's really slick and made your ShMITT glide over the paint and it smell like mangoes or apples. That's making me want to buy some.:D I love smelling my products. Thanks for posting. Keep them comming!

justin_murphy
03-30-2007, 04:54 AM
I have used this wash before with similar results. I noticed that the suds stayed around for the whole wash. The smell was great too. Nothing like aromatherapy while washing!

Thanks for the review!

supercharged
03-30-2007, 05:07 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/561/medium/IMG_0576.JPG

First thing to note about this soap, it smells really good. I first thought of mangoes. Some say it smells like apples, which I did notice as well. The package is transparent, labeling isn't fancy (It's Poorboy's World :D), and the instructions are straight forward (not leaving you clueless).

I put 3 gallons in the wash bucket and mixed 1 oz of shampoo, then did a little jet spray into the solution until foam came out the top of the bucket. Boy, did it create lots of nice foam, which lasted the whole wash. 1 oz in 3 gallons worked really well for me. Manufacture recommends 1 oz for 2 gallons. The car just had light dust, so I can't really rate its cleaning ability for any heavy dirt. It's also really slick and made my Shmitt glide over the paint. I will be continuing to buy this shampoo, unless I'm tight in money, then I'll go for the DuraGloss 901. This is my favorite shampoo now, unless I find a better one :D .

Pros: Smell, Slickness, Concentration (1 oz for 3 gallons is really nice :))

Cons: I keep sniffing this stuff :( .

I'm planning to do a review of DP's Gel Wheel Cleaner on my rims, since they have really nice caked on brake dust that I have never been able to remove with any auto shampoo (Today's wash was on my friend's car).
I knew you were gonna like it. I love Poorboy's SS&S myself!:righton:
Sparkie, you should try some of it too. You will love it!

Gary Sword
03-30-2007, 05:47 AM
I have been using it with the ShMitt for a couple months now. Good Stuff!

MikeyC
03-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Thanks for your review! I have used this wash as well and IMO it's one of the best available. The slickness it provides is really unmatched.

Surfer
03-30-2007, 09:09 AM
I love my Poorboys SSS and Duragloss 901, both washes rock:righton:. I've noticed with those two not only are they very slick and smell good, but the suds just last and last. I can leave the bucket for an hour and come back and it's still full of suds.

Jimmie
03-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Thank you for your review. Enjoyed reading it.
PB SS&S is one of the few that I'll grab to do my car.

ScottB
03-30-2007, 02:41 PM
still my absolute favorite all things considered ... and no I dont smell it !!

klumzypinoy
03-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Thanks for reading guys :)

alban61
03-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the great smelling review!! :D Nothing like a good smelling product that works!

klumzypinoy
03-30-2007, 03:29 PM
I have a thing for fruity smelling products :D

Nuke33
03-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Nice review i cant wait to see the wheel gel one

klumzypinoy
03-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah DP's gel wheel cleaner works well. Next week I'll be using it on my rims. I'll be sure to take before and after pics.