PDA

View Full Version : Megs #7

Pages : [1] 2

former86camaro
03-29-2007, 09:15 PM
I just ordered it and am looking for some feedback and information on it. I was considering this for friends cars:

DP Wash
Clay
Megs Glaze
Pinnancle Paste

I was looking for a nice pop for them and something that filled so I could make it easy on me.

So will #7 fill and then when topped with pinnancle really pop.....

BlackCoupe
03-29-2007, 09:24 PM
I hate to be a party pooper, but even Megs acknowledges that 7 is a very short term pop. Whats the point, regardless of what combination you use, unless you have a show car in a show? First time you drive around the block, you are back to having to wash it again. Thus, I have reluctantly gone for long term protection over short term (that lasts until you pull out of the garage) wax beauty. Put me under the "cold hard look of long lastin sealant" column instead of the "short term deep warm look of wax" of column.

Signed,
Disillusioned, buzz-kill, neg-o, bummer, downhead.

Nuke33
03-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Yea its only a shot term look

nick19
03-29-2007, 09:37 PM
But it looks nice while it lasts, and its easy to apply.

former86camaro
03-29-2007, 09:49 PM
it is really that short term not even 7 days? topping dosen't help. well i will try it anyway on my red gtp.

nick19
03-29-2007, 09:50 PM
it is really that short term not even 7 days? topping dosen't help. well i will try it anyway on my red gtp.

I've seen in about a week it starts to diminish. It all depends on condtions; rain, lots of travel, not garaged, etc.

joe.p
03-29-2007, 09:51 PM
can someone explain why topping #7 wouldn't prolong its durability>>

Jimmie
03-29-2007, 10:27 PM

That's what I thought Joe. A glaze gave the paint the final wet gloss and then you put down a layer of wax. I just always presumed that the wax would have its normal durability. :confused:

nick19
03-29-2007, 10:29 PM

I don't use it to much anymore, but I had a client about a year ago who had two show cars, and before a show, he would have me over to apply a AIO cleaner, some #7, #21, two layers of wax and another coat of #7. (keep in mind Meg's products don't need to cure for 24 hours, which is why a detailer like myself enjoys using their products)

The results are just amazing, something one would truly appreciate.

#7 is a "pure polish" and is just really a bunch of essential oils for "look". There's nothing in the formula for durability.

And generally, you wouldn't apply a durable wax ontop of #7 because if you're using it, you're simply working on the car for looks. Thus, the wax applied probably doesn't have much durabilty and the looks of the car start to diminish pretty quickly.

Hope this helps....

-Nick :cheers:

joe.p
03-29-2007, 10:40 PM
I don't use it to much anymore, but I had a client about a year ago who had two show cars, and before a show, he would have me over to apply a AIO cleaner, some #7, #21, two layers of wax and another coat of #7. (keep in mind Meg's products don't need to cure for 24 hours, which is why a detailer like myself enjoys using their products)

The results are just amazing, something one would truly appreciate.

#7 is a "pure polish" and is just really a bunch of essential oils for "look". There's nothing in the formula for durability.

And generally, you wouldn't apply a durable wax ontop of #7 because if you're using it, you're simply working on the car for looks. Thus, the wax applied probably doesn't have much durabilty and the looks of the car start to diminish pretty quickly.

Hope this helps....

-Nick :cheers:Thanks for the info..i used Megs #7 last summer with a nuba topper but i couldn't measure the durabilty since i waxed frequently..This winter i strictly used a sealant..

Thanks again
joe

BlackCoupe
03-29-2007, 10:41 PM
That's what I thought Joe. A glaze gave the paint the final wet gloss and then you put down a layer of wax. I just always presumed that the wax would have its normal durability. :confused:

Perhaps I am mistaken, but I believe that 7 is a pure polish not a wax. It has the short term effect of darkening and putting a gloss on over a wax. You can actually see it darkening as it is applied.

nick19
03-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Perhaps I am mistaken, but I believe that 7 is a pure polish not a wax. It has the short term effect of darkening and putting a gloss on over a wax. You can actually see it darkening as it is applied.

Yep, nothing but enhancing oils in this "polish", if you would.

bubba57-chevy
03-30-2007, 05:39 AM
Former, I have used #7 for many years and love it. However it must be used correctly to gain any enhancements. I use it on my toys (garaged, driven in good weather, etc) after pc'ing to remove all micro-marring. In this usage it will both feed the paint the oils it needs for that wet look, and also fill in any mico-marring that I might have missed. I then use PS as an LSP to help lock in that wet look.

I also use it on my daily driver in the same process but with # 16 as an LSP (because I am an OCD, and PS is too expensive for a daily driver). My daily driver is also cleaned with ONR at least twice a week and that helps with locking in the shine. On my wife's grocery-mobile and my son's car, no #7 is used and I stick with sealants for longevity.

So it really depends on what you are looking for and how you use the vehicle. :D

former86camaro
03-30-2007, 07:00 AM
We will use my neighbors 07 mini van for example. Wash, NXT (I use off the shelf for neighbors and friends) #7 then top with #16 it should be pretty popping. The layer of NXT should provide some durability, then the #7 bring out the pop and then #16 to seal it in. Or would it be better to #16 then #7?

I appreciate everyone comments. I am understanding #7 more now and look forward to trying it very soon.

BILL
03-30-2007, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the info..i used Megs #7 last summer with a nuba topper but i couldn't measure the durabilty since i waxed frequently..This winter i strictly used a sealant..

Thanks again
joe

ME TOO..... i wax all the time........ive used it #7 and liked it. but its durability i never noticed since i was always nubbing it weekly;)