PDA

View Full Version : Griot's Garage in Tacoma

wangotango
06-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Was in the area so I decided to go to the Griot's Garage store in Tacoma, Wa.
Spent a couple hours there.
I'm new to the detail game so it was all very exciting for me.
They have a few cars, lots of products, tools, etc.
Staff seemend knowledgeable and the restrooms kick ass.
For me, it made being in Tacoma ok.

BobbyG
06-10-2012, 05:24 AM
Griot's offer some nice products that cover a wide range of uses. They've been around for a while so give them a try a little at a time and I'm sure you'll be thrilled with their performance...

5.4 Shelby
06-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Agree with Bobby.

Try to see if they are offering some Tech Sessions while you are there. They will show you how to use their products including polishers.

Flash Gordon
06-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Their "new" 6" polisher is terrible

The rest of their line is grossly overpriced

TimmyG
06-10-2012, 08:52 AM

I tend to agree a little bit here.

I have ordered some GG products before on Advance Auto's website and was able to score 30% off with free in store pickup which made the purchase a little more wallet friendly.

I'm interested in trying their glass sealant however.

Klasse Act
06-10-2012, 09:05 AM

Can you explain what's so terrible about their 6" RO? Also, what in particular is grossly overpriced besides the gallon of viny and rubber dressing?

I've been using them since 2003 and have had nothing but great results when using them and last year stepped up and bought both the 3" and 6" RO and have been able to accomplish removing swirls from everything I've worked on. Then there's the customer service....THE BEST, PERIOD! I'd love to visit their factory store sometime, bit of a drive from Chicago though, need to win the lotto, get my 67' Corvette and head on out there!

Gunslinger
06-10-2012, 10:09 AM
I've found Griot's products to be uniformly excellent but I don't use their stuff exclusively. There's many, many quality car care products and we all have our favorites. Their customer service is tops as well.

Now...many of the tools and accessories in their catalog are too high and can be found elsewhere for less. Their car care stuff is fairly priced, especially for the quality you get. I don't think their car care products are overpriced. They seem inline with other brands on the market, unless you're comparing them to mass marketers like Wal Mart.

The time to buy is when Griot's or AG has a sale on. There's no reason to pay full retail for anything if you plan your needs.

Bunky
06-10-2012, 11:20 AM
The time to buy is when Griot's or AG has a sale on. There's no reason to pay full retail for anything if you plan your needs.

There are always sales so there is usually at least 15% off.

MadMerc
06-10-2012, 11:43 AM
I've been using Griot's products since they were mail order only. Their customer service is great and their car care products fairly priced. I do use products from other companies, too, but rank Griot's as among the best.

Paul Mitchell
06-10-2012, 01:17 PM
I've been to Griot's in Tacoma and have been really impressed with the retail outlet and their customer service. I had a quarter panel re-painted on my Mustang and it had some minor swirls that I couldn't remove by hand. I called Griot's and told them I'd be in the Tacoma area for a family reunion and would it be possible to stop by and see what they would recommend to remove the swirls. They not only made recommendations but they showed me in a one-on-one session with Jason how to polish and seal the quarter panel. Their customer service was great and I left with a newly polished quarter panel and a trunk full of product including their 6" and 3" machines. I'd recommend a visit to their showroom if at all possible.

Capa1970
06-10-2012, 01:40 PM
I love most of their products, and I've tried quite a few. Their DA polisher is second to none with its power and lifetime warranty. I've moved away from using dedicated quick detailers but Griot's is some of the best. Their soft clay is really good and quite inexpensive. I also like their prewax cleaner and microfiber cleaner. Their stuff really isn't overpriced.

wangotango
06-10-2012, 06:01 PM
They asked if I was active military, I am not but am a vietnam era vet. They gave me 15% across the board. I was there about an hour before closing time but the kid said if I cme back we can go over some use of tools, products, and have some fun in their garage with thier stuff. Looked like fun. Might play some golf over there and stop by again.
Got the glass sealant and will try it this week.
We do't get much rain and I'm happy for that but I got a lot of glass on the new Prius with the solar panel and all.