PDA

View Full Version : Help - turtle wax ice wax

Pages : [1] 2

CaneCharger
06-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Help me give some friends over on the jeep forum why turtle wax ice wax is not that great...

glen e
06-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Because others are much better.....blackfire, Wolfgang, collonite, pinnacle....the list is long...

But ice is not complete crap either....

rwright
06-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Man, it's a never ending battle. I gave up trying to convince people.

FUNX650
06-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Help me give some friends over on the jeep forum why turtle wax ice wax is not that great...

IMHO:
It'd be interesting to first discover what you believe are the
reason(s) for The Turtle's branded: "Ice Products Line-Up", including Ice Wax... to not be: "that great"

(This would, assuredly, give your AGO forum friends an opportunity to either agree with your reasons, or dispute them...
before passing this information/opinions over to your friends on the Jeep forum.
My hope, then, is: You'll find it in your inner being, a way, of doing so.)

While awaiting your decision in the above matter, though, I'll start the ball rolling with:

The Turtle's Ice Synthetic Spray Detailer, for my purposes, is the best: between car-washing-sessions and reapplication of recommended sealant...product I've ever used on PPF...Won't ever cause it to 'yellow-out.
And another of Ice SSD attributes: It will not stain plastic trim.

[^^^Go figure.^^^]

:)

Bob

david79z28
06-10-2012, 08:25 AM
I don't try to change others.

They are getting the results they like with the materials and processes they use.

I find that most people dont want to go thru the time and expense we do.

We all have different standards/ priorities.

Flash Gordon
06-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Man, it's a never ending battle. I gave up trying to convince people.

:iagree: Car Wax is not worth the argument

Besides, TW Ice actually isn't a bad product. Have you ever tried it?

CaneCharger
06-10-2012, 09:08 AM
I don't try to change others.

They are getting the results they like with the materials and processes they use.

I find that most people dont want to go thru the time and expense we do.

We all have different standards/ priorities.

You are correct...my bad

CaneCharger
06-10-2012, 09:10 AM
:iagree: Car Wax is not worth the argument

Besides, TW Ice actually isn't a bad product. Have you ever tried it?

Yeah, I have, my observations are: It is a little harder to take off and did not last as long as some of the waxes I use now.

pickles
06-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Maybe the Jeep forum likes it so much because they used a Wrangler in the latest commercial.At least the lasst one I saw,few weeks ago maybe.

david79z28
06-10-2012, 10:55 AM
You are correct...my bad

Not bad, we are just more passionate about detailing than most. That's why this forum is so great.

Bill1234
06-10-2012, 11:57 AM
There are much bettter options out there, much of the waxes like turtle wax are mass produced leading to lower durability. Something like meguiars or wolfgang has much better durability

FUNX650
06-10-2012, 12:15 PM
There are much bettter options out there, much of the waxes like turtle wax are mass produced leading to lower durability.

I'm curious to which "step(s)" of mass-producing some wax-products, like "The Turtle's", you believe: causes "lower durability"

Something like meguiars...has much better durability

^^^Prior to this^^^:
I would have probably sworn that Meguiar's, due to its relative foot-print "size" in the vehicle detailing-waxes-world, would have been an alliance member of mass production!!

Any clarification that you are willing to furnish will be appreciated.

:confused:

Bob

timaishu
06-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Im with you Bob. I believe alot of the current hate of TW is unfounded.

I have used their products in the past with good results. Yes, maybe their compounds are outdated, but their wash, tire dressing, tire cleaner, window clear are decent products. Havnt tried their wax in a few years.

kline39
06-10-2012, 12:47 PM
You cant always judge by a brand name. A couple months ago, I got curious and tested Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax side-by-side with Armor All Extreme Shield Wax after after claying, compounding, polishing my truck. I didnt do an official review on here cuz I dont have a decent camera and all work was done by hand. Anyways, the looks were extremely close, the beading on the AA was better, and durability went slightly to the AA.

HotRodJoe
06-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Unless you want your windows to fog up, don't use the Ice all surface interior detailer. Been there, done that. Switched to optimum and no fog.