06-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Car Detailed:
Black Honda Civic

Products used:
Duragloss 501
Duragloss 105
Duragloss 601
Meguiars Clay Kit

Method: Started with a wash, followed by a clay bar treatment of the entire car. The next day, I mixed Duragloss 501 with Duragloss 601. I used 1/2 oz 601 and 2 oz 501, to clean the car. I mixed this into a clear squeeze ketchup bottle. BTW, I found these bottles for .97 at Wally World in the aisle with the cooking gadgets. I then applied it onto a microfiber applicator pad that I picked up at Oreilly's. It was a yellow pad made by Viking. I attached it to an applicator holder from another purchase. The DG cleaner worked so well. For those of you who would like to see how much dirt this takes off. Here's a pic.

Also, see the before cleaning the bumper

and after the whole car was done

I then proceeded to the next step which was to use DG 105/601. I mixed it with the same 1/4 ratio.

Here's the final look.

And notice the reflection

I was going to put Collinite 845 on, but I don't think I need to. I purchased some, but won't be using it. Hopefully, I will have a long durability with the combination that is already on the car.

So for anyone on the fence, DG products are top rate.

Now to decide if I want to try out the washless product from DG or just use the regular car wash product that they put out.

rwright
06-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Welcome to Duragloss! The car turned out fantastic. :) As for the wash products, use both. Perform regular washes with 901 and when the car needs a quick bath use the rinseless. Mix up a bottle of rinseless at QD strength for waterless washing as well. Don't forget regular Aquawax as a gloss booster or monthly "refresher" for the 105 combo.

BobbyG
06-10-2012, 04:28 AM
:wow:.........I'd say you hit this one out of the park!

Your car looks great and the choice of products will keep that finish protected and shinny for months on end. :props:

Looking at the pad photo, I'd say it had a fair amount of oxidation and grime and the 501 seem to do the trick!

For general washing take a look at Duragloss 901. Like all of the Duragloss line it's a top performer and very reasonably priced!!

Nice work and thanks for the photos!! :dblthumb2:

TimmyG
06-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Car looks great. I've recently started purchasing and using DG products on a regular basis. I have yet to find a DG product that I haven't thought was fantastic.

detailing4me
06-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Thanks, all. Right now I'm leaning more towards picking up the 901, since I'm still not convinced of the scratchless cleaning ability of the rinseless.

davidc
06-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Welcome to Duragloss! The car turned out fantastic. :) As for the wash products, use both. Perform regular washes with 901 and when the car needs a quick bath use the rinseless. Mix up a bottle of rinseless at QD strength for waterless washing as well. Don't forget regular Aquawax as a gloss booster or monthly "refresher" for the 105 combo.

:iagree: I seem to use the rinseless the most as where I live it rarely rains and the vehicles do not warrant a full wash. The rinseless has Aqua Wax built in which then gives the vehicles a weekly dose. I use the Aqua Wax it self as a stand alone and not a drying aide and is an awesome product. When the full wash does come up I do use 902 then Aqua Wax after drying. Don't forget the 652 paint prep as it is also a fantastic product. I have a gel coat RV that I tried the 601/501 but it was labor intensive on oxidized gel coat then I went back to 652 which cut the time in half. After that I went back to 601/105 on a already slick surface which went fairly fast and then layered 601/105 on top of that. If all that does not protect the gel coat I give up.

Dave

Klasse Act
06-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Car looks great, black is such a PITA and you've nailed it! As far as rinseless products go, its a no brainer and once you use them, you'll wonder why you waited so long! IMO, this is the single greatest product I've ever used for detailing/maintaining cars, ever! Not only that, but it has a variety of uses (clay lube and quick detailer), this just adds to the experience. I've used ONR v2, sample size of the BF and I've got a gallon of DP, you can't go wrong with any of them but I will say that I've noticed that the DP and BF seem to "stick" to the paint more, if that makes any sense when you first read it but its the best way I explain it. This "stickyness" is a good thing for sure and when you think about it, wash your car using a total of 4 gallons, 2 for the rinseless product bucket and 2 gallons for cleaning your grout sponge, yeah, you should get one of those too. For the money, ONR and DP are my choices for sure.

MadMerc
06-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Car looks great!
I just tried the DG car wash and Aquawax for the first time yesterday, and must say that I am impressed!

richy
06-11-2012, 12:29 PM
First of all, thanks for pm'ing me the link! As for feedback, I think Richard nailed it! You will definitely use both. I find that I use a rinseless wash wash 90% of the time and only break out the 901 for when it's filthy. Trust me on it, you won't scratch the surface. BTW, I use a slight variation in how I do the rinseless washes and it works very well for me. I like it b/c the 2nd mf is also soaked with ONR or the DG rinseless so you've got even more protection when you're drying the surface. Check this out:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/46259-slight-variation-onr.html
And, yes, by all means, get some AW. It is one of their very best products!!

Thanks, all. Right now I'm leaning more towards picking up the 901, since I'm still not convinced of the scratchless cleaning ability of the rinseless.
Try it, you'll love it. Trust us when we tell you that. Check out my link above for the safest way I know to use a rinseless wash.

Meticulous-Detail
06-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Nice work! I love DG products too and for the price they are unbeatable. I combined DG 501 and Megs D151 at 1 to 1 on a MF cutting disc and the results were awesome.

detailing4me
06-11-2012, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=richy;690574] I find that I use a rinseless wash wash 90% of the time and only break out the 901 for when it's filthy. Trust me on it, you won't scratch the surface. BTW, I use a slight variation in how I do the rinseless washes and it works very well for me. I like it b/c the 2nd mf is also soaked with ONR or the DG rinseless so you've got even more protection when you're drying the surface. Check this out:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/46259-slight-variation-onr.html

So the second MF still dries the car even with the solution in it?

How dirty is too dirty to use the rinseless?

Seems to be a wide variety of MF to choose from. Not to hijack this thread, but what are the best for rinseless wash, drying, etc. Feel free to PM me if AG will not allow you to post other brands not sold on the site. I've used the Meguiars MF's that come with the clay kits with good success. Just need a lot to dry the car, even with sheeting as the last step.

Thanks!

richy
06-11-2012, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=richy;690574] I find that I use a rinseless wash wash 90% of the time and only break out the 901 for when it's filthy. Trust me on it, you won't scratch the surface. BTW, I use a slight variation in how I do the rinseless washes and it works very well for me. I like it b/c the 2nd mf is also soaked with ONR or the DG rinseless so you've got even more protection when you're drying the surface. Check this out:

So the second MF still dries the car even with the solution in it?

How dirty is too dirty to use the rinseless?

Seems to be a wide variety of MF to choose from. Not to hijack this thread, but what are the best for rinseless wash, drying, etc. Feel free to PM me if AG will not allow you to post other brands not sold on the site. I've used the Meguiars MF's that come with the clay kits with good success. Just need a lot to dry the car, even with sheeting as the last step.

Thanks!
Yes, the 2nd mf I soak in the solution and then wring it out as well as I can. That dries it about 95% or more. Do section by section and then use the drying towel after the 2nd mf. Works like a champ! I find long nap mf work the best. I like the Cookie Monsters which are from eshine.ca, which is the Canadian distributor for AG. Any long nap mf will probably be fine.
How dirty is too dirty? If its muddy or covered in salt from the winter, that's when it gets a 901 wash.