PDA

View Full Version : St. Pete IRL Race

Stittville Ed
03-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Anyone going to the IRL/IPS/ALMS race this weekend ????????
We got our Credential Redemption Coupon tonight and pick up our pass's in the morning :D

dengood1
03-29-2007, 09:38 PM
I would love to go and one of my employees is going (he's never been to any kind of race) and I tried to tell him what to expect:) My brother can probably hear the race from his house! Maybe next time for me, but I have plans this weekend:(

Gary Sword
03-29-2007, 09:44 PM
I just went to Sebring a few weeks back and I'm going to have to pass this one up.

Stittville Ed
03-30-2007, 09:01 AM
I just went to Sebring a few weeks back and I'm going to have to pass this one up.

Had planed to go to Sebring for the first time but my son changed teams and is back to the IRL after a year of Grand Am

c5golfguy
03-30-2007, 09:43 AM

Same here! I'd love to see this race. I might try and make Detroit or Houston this year though.

Have fun mang! :o

2007 12 Hours of Sebring (http://www.chrisajohnson.net/Sebring2007/index.html) is where my pics are at! :cheers:

Gary Sword
03-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Had planed to go to Sebring for the first time but my son changed teams and is back to the IRL after a year of Grand Am

The 12 hours of Sebring is always fun but it was a little wet on Friday. Have a great time at the race.

c5golfguy
03-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Little wet was an understatement. I was under the corvette corral when the tent was lifted up off the ground. My personal 6 man tent had 3" of standing water and we saw porta potties turned over and awnings from buses ripped off. That storm Thursday night was NUTS!

But we got some night practice in and were able to have a great day for racing on Saturday. Thats all that mattered in my book. :)

Its a shame I'm not living in Treasure Island (near st. pete beach) any more. Just hop and skip to the race. Next year I can plan for the race after Sebring!

c5golfguy
03-30-2007, 12:55 PM

What team does your son work for? I have a friend who is on the Acura team for Le Mans doing calibration engineer work. He was working for Honda IRL before going over to the Acura team. Charlie Ping is my friends name!

Gary Sword
03-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Little wet was an understatement. I was under the corvette corral when the tent was lifted up off the ground. My personal 6 man tent had 3" of standing water and we saw porta potties turned over and awnings from buses ripped off. That storm Thursday night was NUTS!

But we got some night practice in and were able to have a great day for racing on Saturday. Thats all that mattered in my book. :)

Its a shame I'm not living in Treasure Island (near st. pete beach) any more. Just hop and skip to the race. Next year I can plan for the race after Sebring!

I didn't leave my house to go there until 5:00 AM Friday morning. A couple of my friends were already there with an RV so it wasn't too bad. My wife said it hardly even rained in Cape Coral that Friday. Saturday was nice but I had to leave before the race was over.

Stittville Ed
03-30-2007, 07:30 PM
What team does your son work for? I have a friend who is on the Acura team for Le Mans doing calibration engineer work. He was working for Honda IRL before going over to the Acura team. Charlie Ping is my friends name!

Worked for Lowes/Fernandez for 5 years and was doing ALMS before they lost the 2 IRL cars.
Had a real good offer from Highcroft in ALMS but wanted to stay in the loop in Indy so went to work for AGR on the IRL side.

Great crowd today for a Friday,looks to be a good race.

c5golfguy
03-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Worked for Lowes/Fernandez for 5 years and was doing ALMS before they lost the 2 IRL cars.
Had a real good offer from Highcroft in ALMS but wanted to stay in the loop in Indy so went to work for AGR on the IRL side.

Great crowd today for a Friday,looks to be a good race.

I bet he knows Charlie then! Thats helluva job! :cheers: