PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning single stage paint from foam pad

M64
06-08-2012, 04:47 AM
Hi all,

I did a demo on a client's car and it had single stage red paint which turned my white ccs pad red....

How do you clean the paint out of a foam pad?

I have used Detailers pad rejuvenator which got most of it out however it didn't get it all out. is this normal? can I still use the pad to polish on a clear coat? Feed back please

Thanks in advance!

Flash Gordon
06-08-2012, 08:41 AM
That "new" color is permanent. Just clean as you normally would and keep moving

M64
06-08-2012, 09:23 AM
That "new" color is permanent. Just clean as you normally would and keep moving

Thanks Flash! :xyxthumbs:

will the now stained pad still work on clear coats or will I have to put it aside for single stage paints only?

Mike Phillips
06-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Thanks Flash! :xyxthumbs:

will the now stained pad still work on clear coats or will I have to put it aside for single stage paints only?

Continue to use the pads on any car as long as they are clean, as is free from any dirt or contaminants...

:)

Flash Gordon
06-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Continue to use the pads on any car as long as they are clean, as is free from any dirt or contaminants...

:iagree:

Clean and rinse untill you only see water coming from the pad. You don't want to leave any "old paint" behind because it could/will contaminate your next job

Flash Gordon
06-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Oh, and your welcome!

M64
06-08-2012, 02:37 PM

Thanks Mike! :xyxthumbs:

:iagree:

Clean and rinse untill you only see water coming from the pad. You don't want to leave any "old paint" behind because it could/will contaminate your next job

Thanks flash! Thats exactly what I did :dblthumb2: