PDA

View Full Version : I caught this SOB car salesman trying to pull a fast one...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

WRAPT C5Z06
06-08-2012, 03:50 AM
So, I looked over the Mustang sales contract closely before I signed anything. There was optional *security package* that came with the car. It included an alarm and beeping rear sensor if you get to close to something. Anyhow, I noticed on the contract that there was a separate $395 charge for a "theft deterrent system". He tried to tell me that was the charge for the security package, and it had to be listed separately. BULL***T!!!! Any pre-installed option is included with the negotiated cash price of the car! Pre-installed options are not listed separately on the sales contract! The $395 he tried to charge me is for a universal car alarm that is bought and installed at the dealer for ANY car. So, he tried to charge me $395 for NOTHING! It had ZERO to do with the pre-installed Mustang security package which it did have! :mad:

I didn't sign anything, but kept a copy of the contract.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/brewinz_2009/theft.jpg

rwright
06-08-2012, 03:57 AM
Good eye Mark! They rely on most people not reviewing and just signing away and then can't come up with a valid reason when caught.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-08-2012, 04:09 AM
Good eye Mark! They rely on most people not reviewing and just signing away and then can't come up with a valid reason when caught.
He said he would sell me a loaded one just above the dealer cost if I didn't tell his sales manager. The price he gave me is a SMOKING deal. My best friend is a senior car buyer for a Ford Dealer in another state, and he told me that the price quoted truly is just above the dealer cost. It's tempting to take the offer, but I really don't want to give me money to a shady guy like this.

rwright
06-08-2012, 04:19 AM
He said he would sell me a loaded one just above the dealer cost if I didn't tell his sales manager.

Dude, this is so shady. Plus his sales manager would have to approve the sale on the loaded and he would have to explain. What a snake.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-08-2012, 04:27 AM
Dude, this is so shady. Plus his sales manager would have to approve the sale on the loaded and he would have to explain. What a snake.
I think I'm gonna try to push for it. I couldn't CARE LESS about the salesman! This would be a big benefit for me! :D

rodster205
06-08-2012, 05:40 AM
I know a few current and former new car salesmen, and I'd bet they are required by the sales manager to add that on, their computer is probably programmed to add it automatically.

I suspect he is trying to smooth things over by up-selling you to the loaded one. The hardest units to move are the stripper models and the fully loaded ones. They would probably have given anyone off the street the same price on the loaded one to move it.

So if you buy the loaded one, the salesman is a hero to the sales manager for taking a potentially hostile customer and moving a hard to sell unit. And if you buy the original car (minus the $395), that is fine with them too because it's still a sale and the customer is sort of happy. Either way they cash a check, unless you walk.

BobbyG
06-08-2012, 06:06 AM
Keep the Vaseline close by with either one of these three...

Politicians
Car Salesman
Lawyers

Always read the fine print... :props:

Setec Astronomy
06-08-2012, 07:17 AM
My best friend is a senior car buyer for a Ford Dealer in another state, and he told me that the price quoted truly is just above the dealer cost. It's tempting to take the offer, but I really don't want to give me money to a shady guy like this.

If your friend is in the biz, you should know that #1, never believe anything they tell you at the dealer, and #2 they ALWAYS make money. "Invoice" and "dealer cost" are just another tool they use to make you think they aren't making any money...a semi-honest sales manager once told me when I asked him how they could make any money at the price they are charging, that they don't actually pay the invoice cost...well, they do, so they can tell you that's what they paid for the car, but on a monthly or quarterly basis they get credited back money for the volume they do, a retroactive "quantity discount". BTW, you can go to plenty of places online to see the list dealer cost for the car as you have it equipped, but you will never know what it really cost them.

ZimRandy
06-08-2012, 08:02 AM
It looks like they are charging $100 for "Etch Express", is that for glass etching where they etch the VIN into all the glass?

Maybe the $295 is for some service or company that tracks or keeps files on the VIN?

Seems a little odd and I'm not sure I would trust a car salesman to know what most of the items are on the invoice.

Randy

FUNX650
06-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Hi there Mark...

Back to the "drawing-board"!!

BTW: I've never had a:

RE:..."car salesman trying to pull a "fast one"...

...Except when dealing with a 'Corvette-salesperson'. It's always been a "Grand Sport-ing" experience!! (hint, hint :D)

:)

Bob

Buckskincolt
06-08-2012, 08:16 AM
My dad told me A long time ago, "It's easy to tell when a car sales person is lying, their lips are moving!":laughing:

RTexasF
06-08-2012, 08:30 AM
The salesperson doesn't print up the contracts or have anything to do with the various fees, that's the business manager (formerly F&I). There's more than one snake in that pit!

arkus
06-08-2012, 08:32 AM
I agree with the post of flash gordon .
unless you get the 650 hp version .
you had a c6Z . Its going to be hard to replace .

Flash Gordon
06-08-2012, 08:33 AM
I don't think you'll be happy driving a Mustang anyway Mark. If I were you I would choose something else to purchase. There are MILLIONS of Mustangs on the road already

JeffW
06-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Yep, was buying a Jeep in 2005 and the salesman 'accidentally' transposed a couple numbers, resulting in the purchase price being listed on the sales contract a couple g's higher. I caught it pretty quickly when it seemed obvious he was hiding something by diverting my attention away from the top lines.

JeffW