PDA

View Full Version : cg quick detailers

john b
06-07-2012, 11:55 PM
anyone using either speed wipe or there synthetic qd?the synthetic has been streaking on me.need to find the best way to use it.also hard to tell the difference the way they describe them.just seeing if anyone has input

john b
06-08-2012, 03:07 AM
bump

Waxmax
06-08-2012, 10:31 AM
I've used both. Both very good. To reduce streaking, try spraying the towel rather than the surface, plus don't use too much. I use a second dry towel to buff off.

You can also dilute the QD with some distilled water (perhaps 4 or 5 parts QD to 1 part water).

grambow
06-08-2012, 10:59 AM
I've had good luck with the synthetic. Use sparingly and no streaking!

loudog2
06-08-2012, 12:00 PM
I use the synthetic and like it. Even with others like FK you with get some streaking, espeacially on black. I always do a light dry wipe with a fluffy MF over the whole car after I finish.

Ohio Detailing
06-08-2012, 10:23 PM
The only detailer I've had great luck with, no streaking, and used for years... is Wizard's Mist-n-Shine. Other than that, Meg's Synthetic Detailer is really good, as is Chemical Guy's V7 Optical Spray Sealant.

I like Wizard's, because as far as I know it has NO protection or polymers of any sort that need to cure, even the Meg's Synthetic Detailer has polymer protection and says it achieves best results after 12 hours of cure time. There's NOTHING wrong with that, but if something has a polymer, from what I understand, it's not good to use between steps like buffing and polishing, or sealants and glazes and waxes, for wiping down and inspecting the paint. Someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I don't know why the Chemical Guy's V7 Optical Spray Sealant is referred to as a sealant, a lot of people says it's more of a spray detailer, so I don't know if it's a sealant or not? :(

Bunky
06-09-2012, 06:12 AM
To reduce streaking, try spraying the towel rather than the surface, plus don't use too much. I use a second dry towel to buff off.

Agree. In some cases, I have seen letting it "age" a few seconds can ease removal. Try using slow, light touch when wiping dry to prevent transfers back (often causes the streaks).

Ohio Detailing
06-09-2012, 09:26 AM
The only detailer I've had great luck with, no streaking, and used for years... is Wizard's Mist-n-Shine. Other than that, Meg's Synthetic Detailer is really good, as is Chemical Guy's V7 Optical Spray Sealant.

I like Wizard's, because as far as I know it has NO protection or polymers of any sort that need to cure, even the Meg's Synthetic Detailer has polymer protection and says it achieves best results after 12 hours of cure time. There's NOTHING wrong with that, but if something has a polymer, from what I understand, it's not good to use between steps like buffing and polishing, or sealants and glazes and waxes, for wiping down and inspecting the paint. Someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I don't know why the Chemical Guy's V7 Optical Spray Sealant is referred to as a sealant, a lot of people says it's more of a spray detailer, so I don't know if it's a sealant or not? :(

Agree. In some cases, I have seen letting it "age" a few seconds can ease removal. Try using slow, light touch when wiping dry to prevent transfers back (often causes the streaks).

I really apply spray waxes, spray sealants, and quick detailers liberally, and have my assistant follow behind me with brand new dry microfibers to buff to a high gloss shine!