PDA

View Full Version : CG Wash & Synthetic Wax/Gloss Enhancer Shampoo need feedback

Buckskincolt
06-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Chemical Guys Extreme Body Wash & Synthetic Wax/Gloss Enhancer Shampoo (http://www.autogeek.net/extreme-body-wash-gallon.html)

Has anyone used this? I'm thinking of getting it for my motor home and would like a little feedback on it.Feed back please

rwright
06-07-2012, 10:43 PM
I love it! My top 3 picks are:

Duragloss Car Wash
Optimum
CG Body Wash & Wax

Ohio Detailing
06-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Chemical Guys Extreme Body Wash & Synthetic Wax/Gloss Enhancer Shampoo (http://www.autogeek.net/extreme-body-wash-gallon.html)

Has anyone used this? I'm thinking of getting it for my motor home and would like a little feedback on it.Feed back please
I got a gallon of it last week, along with DP Xtreme Foam Shampoo, Meg's Shampoo, and Chemical Guy's Citrus Wash & Gloss. I have not tried it yet, but I have so many gallons of shampoos, I should force myself to try it out soon. Great thread! :)

PS: If I'm correct, Chemical Guy's Extreme Body Wash & Synthetic Wax/Gloss Enhancer Shampoo is purely for gloss, and has NO wax stripping ability of any sort, like their Citrus Wash and Gloss right (what's in it, carnauba and/or a sealant)? I really like Citrus Wash and Gloss.

iCeOL8TR
03-17-2015, 12:09 PM
Actually isnt there a thread here on AG that CG Citrus Wash & Gloss is an LSP stripper....Sorry but this is the only thread on Extreme Body Wash I have easily found on AG. Also if a solution has the chemicals to suspend a wax or sealant doesn't that give it a high probability to strip the thin layer already on the paint? Not so sure if this one is actually a maintenance wash. As with CG everything is always kind of ambiguous and I'm a little confused with Citrus Wash & Gloss. On the AG thread it is called an LSP stripper at higher concentrations yet on the CG Howto: Choosing the Perfect Carwash Soap youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPtft2TcY6E they refer to Citrus Wash Red as being the LSP stripper and Wash and Gloss as just a Gloss Enhancer which conflicts somewhat with the AG thread. Then at a few points he refers to Citrus Wash and Clear(now Citrus Daily Wash) and Mr.Pink as well as Gloss Workz as protecting the LSP and Gloss Workz adding the highest amount of Gloss as well. He also calls Mr.Pink the strongest soap to keep the car clean then also refers to it as an LSP maintainer/protector(somewhat conflicting with being the strongest) and yes it has the highest suds level. Of course the maintenance soaps will see the most use in the long run but there is no mention of CG Extreme Body Wash & Synthetic Wax/Gloss Enhancer being among them. My question is how good is the wax and what other products could one compare it to as far as shine and longevity if you have that as well? Seems this product is somewhat overlooked on the forums. Sorry for old thread but I thought I would address a couple things to make this the compendium. Someone may find this useful.

Nick McKees37
03-17-2015, 12:16 PM

Good product, but just make sure to use it sparingly or there's a possibility that it will leave a film on the surface.

tenblade2001
03-17-2015, 12:21 PM
I really like CG's soaps. Citrus wash and gloss will strip if concentrated. Glossworks is great for weekly wash as well as Honeydew (if you have a foam cannon).

Mask
03-17-2015, 01:16 PM
CG soap smell great and looks cool.
It also comes with nice 16oz bottle which can be recycle to use with tolco sprayer :D
Nevertheless, my go to soap is Meguiars hyper wash and gold class... Lol

tenblade2001
03-25-2015, 12:33 PM
@Mask, how much of the Meg's gold class are using per 5 gallon bucket. The directions read 1oz/gallon..at 5oz/wash, I can't see the megs being a money saver. I got some in a kit I purchased, and liked it, but I don't like having to use that much when I can use 1-1.5oz of CG soap.

rwright
03-25-2015, 12:57 PM
I replaced it with 3D Wash N' Wax

Mask
03-28-2015, 01:49 AM
@Mask, how much of the Meg's gold class are using per 5 gallon bucket. The directions read 1oz/gallon..at 5oz/wash, I can't see the megs being a money saver. I got some in a kit I purchased, and liked it, but I don't like having to use that much when I can use 1-1.5oz of CG soap.

I use 3oz for 4 gallons water. The lubricity is great from my experience.
I like Mr pink scent only and love wonder wash :D
Citrus W&G dilution and foam is great but not enough lubrication for me, had to use 3oz for 5 gallons.
sorry I miss out pricing facts and I'm located in asia ^^
Meg gold class 64oz - 28 bucks
Meg hyper wash 128oz - 70 bucks
CG wash & gloss 16oz- 35 bucks

Things a little crazy here lol

Regards :D

iCeOL8TR
04-02-2015, 05:27 PM
Just got a huge 400+ plus order of CG wish there were cheap 1oz pumps I could procure somewhere(.6 in 5000 lots in china but 5 dollars plus or 3 with ridiculous shipping everywhere stateside look to me to be worth about 1.50 CG sells them for 5 and 8 dollars each) getting it out of the gallon really is a pain especially for the quick detailers. Sorry they had the better sale at the moment and it was just too good to pass up from a deal perspective. CG Wash & Synthetix wax was among the gallons and super cheap too like 12 bucks(one of the cheapest things I purchased) I think. In the USA CG is considered cheaper because it is cheap but upon trying Mr.Pink and the clay lube they really dont feel cheap(I like the scents(amplified upon dilution at least for the soaps) but you need a seperate storage room especially for the creams and sealants as they are offgassing chemicals but that is probably common for gallons) of course I have little to compare with so far but I have many purchases already planned out. Picked up 150 off Pinnacle and Wolfgang in MF towels(Chinchilla, Plush 600, Wolfgang Gold) Lake country flat pads and Pinnacle Soft Poly Clay looking to get Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay and Ricardo Fine once its back in stock. Have to wait till I get to wax stage(to use the CG Wash and Synthetic Wax) still playing around with polish and need to get some more spray bottles, funnels, dispenser pumps, wash buckets from dumpsters(got the purple plush mitt and 3 grit guards need to go to lowes get some pvc assortment for homemade pad cleaner) I'm gonna blow big money on the essentials but stuff I can get free or super cheap I'm gonna go that route on those(Don't like the look of HD or Lowes Buckets or Firehouse Subs and dont feel like paying bucket shipping either). But I'm already starting and my rides are getting a much needed wash treatment.

Also, what do you like about the 3d wash and wax? looks interesting......