PDA

View Full Version : 18 wheeler detail??! Help!

craz0boy
06-07-2012, 09:09 PM
So I did a detail today for a client, turns out he owns a fueling company and wants me to detail the trailer part of their 18 wheeler. It's one of those cylinder fuel tanks and it's all aluminum or chrome. (havent seen it yet). It had not been cleaned in a while so I know the first time I do it I need to charge more. Then he wants it up kept every month. It's going to be all washed, cleaned then going to need to polish and shine all that bling. Pricing anyone?? Thanks in advance

Buckskincolt
06-07-2012, 09:18 PM
So I did a detail today for a client, turns out he owns a fueling company and wants me to detail the trailer part of their 18 wheeler. It's one of those cylinder fuel tanks and it's all aluminum or chrome. (havent seen it yet). It had not been cleaned in a while so I know the first time I do it I need to charge more. Then he wants it up kept every month. It's going to be all washed, cleaned then going to need to polish and shine all that bling. Pricing anyone?? Thanks in advance

First you need to figure out if it's stainless steel, painted, or aluminum. I think to keep from loosing your &#% you should just charge him an hourly rate. Figure out what your normal hourly return is then give him an hourly deal and see how that goes. Pretty hard to give any idea for price without more info and a picture.:Picture:

dad07
06-07-2012, 09:25 PM

Shoot Vegas a pm I know he can help with that.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/vegas-transplant.html

Vegas Transplant
06-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Shoot Vegas a pm I know he can help with that.

Thanks dad07, PM received, pm sent.

I can tell by the OP statements that he isn't sure of the composition of tanks.
That statement alone tells me that you have not truly polished aluminum before or used the tools required to perform these services.

Another consideration is to look at this fleet of tankers in the yard, or being dragged through your community. Many simlpy want acid washed to a high sheen. It takes a certain amount of skill and repeated usage, to be able to acid out a tank without streaking (black lines)or leaving burn marks (black to brassy discoloring).

Others want 5-step polishing.

Not many will settle on in between.

Here's a website that may help...or type aluminum tank polishing on youtube.

West Coast Polishing & Detailing - More Information/ click on the link or go to our site.visit our exclusive web-site for our metal polish @ wcpolish.webplus.net#Welcome #to #the #worlds #best #polishing #team## W.C.P.Please take a look at a (http://westcoastpolishing.com/)

Get past the first page and delve into the site itself.

Flash Gordon
06-08-2012, 10:56 AM
A rotary with 105 will make it nice and shiny

Vegas Transplant
06-08-2012, 01:46 PM
^^^
There's truth in that statement.

Vegas Transplant
11-26-2013, 07:48 AM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdEP_YlewM]All polish up - YouTube[/video]

jankerson
11-26-2013, 08:30 AM
I wonder how D151 on a Rotary with a wool pad would do....

Thinking that might also be a consideration.

Just a thought anyway. :D

lyodbraun
11-26-2013, 10:02 AM
We use to wash those all the time when I worked at the Blue Beacon truck wash they would get the brightener or acid on it and then washed twice with soap then rinsed they would turn out pretty good but would also take four guys around twenty to thirty minns to do with our high pressure washers like at car wash but much stronger and better lol... Doing one of those would be a pain by hand... Good luck..

Vegas Transplant
11-26-2013, 10:04 AM
There is no AG method that is sufficient.