PDA

View Full Version : What Wax Applicator Do You Use??

Pages : [1] 2

trhland
03-29-2007, 01:30 PM
whats the best to use for applying wax? the micro fiber ones ?or foam?

CalgaryDetail
03-29-2007, 01:37 PM
I use foam, i find i can get the thinest most even laywer, as well as i find the lest omout of product is absobred and wasted.

I have used the mf and terry cloth applicators, they are good, they work well but i find alot of them to be bulky and cumbersome. I dont have big hands so i like the smaller applicators, they fit my hand better

ScottB
03-29-2007, 01:39 PM
I like foam ... the microfibers "seem" to soak up much to much product.

ejflanag
03-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Very true i used to use MF for applying wax and would end up applying way to thick i use a wax spong it makes it easier when removing wax becuase theirs not a thick layer of wax.

Nuke33
03-29-2007, 02:10 PM
I like the Foam Like the Meg ones, But i really like to apply Via PC

bambo2888
03-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Foam and PC, but PC only if it was out already...

Mike T
03-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Does anyone have any feedback on the Wolfgang Polish/Wax applicators?

klumzypinoy
03-29-2007, 04:14 PM
I haven't used Wolfgang applicator. So far I use foam applicators, right now I have CCS Red ones, but I don't see an advantage over any other yellow foam applicator besides its bigger size.

Are microfiber applicators better than foam applicators for liquid waxes/sealants?

BILL
03-29-2007, 04:33 PM
I haven't used Wolfgang applicator. So far I use foam applicators, right now I have CCS Red ones, but I don't see an advantage over any other yellow foam applicator besides its bigger size.

Are microfiber applicators better than foam applicators for liquid waxes/sealants?

foam all the way;)

Truls
03-29-2007, 04:37 PM
I got this one:

http://www.autogeek.net/polishing-pal.html

Works g-r-e-a-t

Easy to hold and harder to drop..

Al-53
03-29-2007, 04:47 PM
I use a foam pad with the polish pal...no finger cramps and flying pads...great tool...

MF applicators do not seem so practical...once the knap is wet with either sealant or wax..they fold over and stay compacted...so what is the benefit of the MF..plus they absorb more product and seems you use more also...the sponge in side gets saturated using a sealant...

Al

orngez
03-29-2007, 04:49 PM
i like foam better...mf applicators are better for dressings and cleaners....I prefer to apply using the blue or grey pc pad...even without the machine :) i just hold the pad...two light "butterings" of the grey lc pad is enough pb natty blue to do my entire z

klumzypinoy
03-29-2007, 04:50 PM
I use a foam pad with the polish pal...no finger cramps and flying pads...great tool...

MF applicators do not seem so practical...once the knap is wet with either sealant or wax..they fold over and stay compacted...so what is the benefit of the MF..plus they absorb more product and seems you use more also...the sponge in side gets saturated using a sealant...

Al

I've had the occassional FLYING PAD :p. Made me mad when I did that :mad:

Gary Sword
03-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Definitely foam pads. I don't like MF pads at all.

trhland
03-29-2007, 05:26 PM
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE FEEDBACK. IHAVE THE MICROFIBER ONES AND THEY ARE A LITTLE BULKY. AND AFTER I WASH THEM THEY FOLD UP :confused: